Deploying units I bought

Belfast

There are some items in the station store that can be bought, I dont recall the name right now, I am at work at the moment. I do beleive its like a mobile artillery unit, or a military structure of some sort. It costs a ton of creds. I managed to get the creds to buy one, and now, I can not "deploy" it. I tried everything i can think of. Landing on a planet and jettison it, give it to marines to carry, put it on SC1 to deploy, and nothing seems to work. Are there items that are meant to be used only as trade items, and have no viable options in the game other than selling to another station for more money?? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I just recently got back into the game, so maybe I am forgeting something. I forgot how great this game is !!!

[ 06-16-2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

It would be cool if you could load a bunch of stuff into a cargo pod, send it down to the planet, and then unload it. If the item in the pod had a model tied to it it would spawn in the near proximity of the cargo pod. You could then move the stuff around using a shuttle and tractor beam. Be great for setting up your own bases.

Maybe someday...