XFER Saved Games

rnpoole

I have attempted to take a saved game from my laptop and transfer it to my main machine. No dice. Apparently there is more to it than just the files in the saved directory.

How can it be done if possible?

Come on guys, nobody has tried to do this?

Taking the contents of a BC or UC saved directory from PC-A and transferring it to the BC/UC directory structure of PC-B does not result in the saved games appearing in the Resume>Saved Games slots of PC-B. Why is that? Do the saved games contain some sort of machine recognition? I can't think of why it should be that way. In the act of saving a game does another file or files get touched that are not in the saved directory?

I've searched the forum for something on this and haven't found anything. I must not be searching for the right keywords because I know someone has had to have attempted this in the past.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

You can only transfer games of the same type. If they don't show up, it means that they are not compatible and you are trying to, for e.g. use UC saved games for UCSE. Can't do that m8.

Also, do you have two copies of the game? If not, how did you manage to install it on both your PC and laptop?

I have a copy of BCM, BCMG, and UC. The reason I have both BCMG and UC installed in two places is in a attempt to work around the the 'unable to input name, and name of asset to create a new game' problem I have on the main PC. As I am down to the rebuild the OS option in trying to resolve the thing, I thought, "Hey, load 'em on the laptop, see if you can create a new game there to play on the other machine. I made a couple of saved games for each and gave it a whirl to no avail.

I am pretty certain I got those directories straight but I'll check.