nOOb issue with BCM 1.09.03 freeware...

avindel757

Hey,

I know this is not supported anymore, but maybe someone ran into this and can help me. Start BCM; Select New game; click available slot; on the menu it allows me to change all the drop down selections, but will not allow me to type in the AE name or the asset name. therefore will not allow me to start new campaign. I can play any/all instant actions without hitch, but will not allow me into campaign. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Andrew

I never had this problem with BCM...However, the UC:AWA FAQ states that in some cases, with anti-aliasing on, you can't type in your name.

Maybe that's related?

Since you can't activate AA in BCM, check that you didn't activated AA in your GPU settings.

I may be totally wrong though, BCM and UC:AWA are different games.

Also, you really SHOULD use the search function..which returns meany results concerning issues with BCM and AA.

Is there an underscore cursor in the Name - Asset Name fields? Try right-clicking on the field areas to bring up the underscore.

You might change ur Num Lock, Scroll Lock and/or Caps Lock and see if that helps any.

I know in BCM-G that if I change my Cc type, without entering the Name - Asset Name first, it'll lose the underscore cursor and I won't be able to type anything into those fields till I click on one of them.

Also, did u try using any other slots?

OK... tried turning aff AA (Was on application control). Not the issue. Turned off Anisotropic filter too (Also was on app control). Not it. Tried most all combinations of caps/num/scroll lock. No dice. Name and asset name fields both show underscore cursor, but cannot click, r-click, double-click, or double r-click to access the field. Repeated on several other available slots... to no avail. thinking of a workaround; does anyone have this up to start a new campaign game, save right away, and send me the save game file?

tried registering, but since I haven't bought BCM gold or higher yet, I don't have a key for the form. Here's a quick rundown of my specs...

HP Pavilion 9000 Laptop/ Core 2 duo T5500/ 2 gig on board/ Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 w/ 256m dedicated/ all drivers current/ directX current/

Did search but found nothing relavent. (unless of course I missed something )

I appreciate your help... Thanks

Andrew

It sounds like u should uninstall, kill the dir, and reinstall again. I might have a FUBARed install.

I tried the freeware version and didn't have any problems typing anything into the name fields.

However, the game wouldn't run at over 1024x768 res. fer some reason, so ur YMMV.

I know BCM was written pre-pentium IV, so u'r duo processor might be too fast for the game, but only Derek would know anything about that.

• 5 months later...

I've got the same problem and i have fixed it.

Before I will show the solution of this issue you must know that :

My hardware specs. :

VIA KT 600 on ABiT KV7 mainboard

AMD sempron 32 bit 2200 on Socket A

I used program to control cpu and mb temperatures and voltages developed by ABIT - ABIT EQ - it uses kernel driver called something like that "Wbfhwdoct.sys" - and THIS driver i believe is causing this problem.

Solution :

Uninstall ABIT EQ or something else wchich is using this driver you have got installed.

Instead of using ABIT EQ or similar software use Mainboard Monitor v 5 or better - its freeware it has the same functionality or it is even much better.

PS.

Killing the process of ABIT EQ and leaving it installed on your system does not solve the problem because the driver is still installed - you have to completly uninnstall this software.