Autopilot problems

CaptnKarob

Yeah - I know BCMG is no longer supported. I'm in the process of building a new gaming platform and will probably buy UCSE after that.

I'm having a problem with autopilot. I target anything, press F to designate the flight path target, and press A to activate autopilot, but then the FPT changes to whatever was the last navigation target and autopilot takes me there. I thought at first that it was because my FO was off duty, but he is on-station now and it is still doing it.

This especially sucks when the CAS alert goes off and I want to intercept an enemy craft. I target the enemy while they're still in HJ, press F and A and autopilot brings me back to a jumpgate instead of to whereever the enemy is going.

Anyone ever seen this behavior? Is there anything I can do short of starting a new game?

Try activating autopilot and then going to the command menu and clicking on HALT orders. HALT orders clear all previous orders that may be queued into memory.

If your CC stays at HALT while AP is engaged, the activate the Flight Point Indicator and see what happens.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

if you happen to be pointing in exactly the opposite direction, that happens in all versions of the game, it's quite cool in the later versions

"Helm! Turn us around in the right direction!"