BCM War Stories & Experiences

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY!!!!! OMG! There are like 2 CC's on the ground, and one going verticle! Your rifle is on mode 1, 5 rounds left in that mag, and 1 mag left. Hehe...but why you black out your name?

Very sweet pic...cant wait until multiplayer...gunna help ship supplies to the Gammulan War front!

I did it! I made it to the sol system! Why is this important you ask? Well I had to fight my way there because im Gammulan and im taking over the UNIVERSE!!! I started out from Gamma2 and made way way throuh too the SOL regain with about 20 ships and my Storm Carrier.

Along the way I had a whole lota problems including damage to several of my systems for no reason. But as if right now im in pretty bad shape having to flee several systems and having to be towed countleess other times. My mighty 20 ship fleet is now about 4 crippled tin cans floating around and alot of my crew are dead including resnig but who cares about him( I cant clone becasue my cloning modules down). Out of the 116 ppl my ship held i now have like 47 and most of my fighters and shuttles are gone. Luckly I took over a space station not to far from my current location and I plan on docking there for repairs and for some R&R for my crew.

I am amazed at the way this game works. I mean at one time I crased landed on a planet and was there for hours before I was able to leave due to repairs that needed to be done and mine fuel that was needed.

I like the feeling of commanding a huge severly battle beaten Storm Carrier with a tired crew who have worked hard and are probly bitter and just want to go home. Its been awhile since my CCs been at 100% operating status and most of the time all of my systems are damaged. There have been times when Iv gone into battle with 50% shields, almost no weapons, multiple malfuctioning systems, and no radar and still come out winning. So far iv not been destroyed only disabled. One time I was disabled and lost my commslink and my tow shuttle luckly I had jac on board and it got the computer back up so I was able to get a tow.

My target now? Well that whould be Earth I have a random with its name on it.

Anyway this is most deffintly one of the best games iv ever played and thanks SC for making it.

quote:

There have been times when Iv gone into battle with 50% shields, almost no weapons, multiple malfuctioning systems, and no radar and still come out winning. So far iv not been destroyed only disabled.

sounds like fun

thats some real fun. More intense.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

[QB]
There have been times when Iv gone into battle with 50% shields, almost no weapons, multiple malfuctioning systems, and no radar and still come out winning. So far iv not been destroyed only disabled.

me 2. i did a starstation assault(a Nightstar of course ) and destroyed it(i was at point black range though and that's very difficult to do).

Holy...Viper, join the Gammulan Military! I'm sure that Diplomacy fleet could use a guy like you!

Oh, just for kicks, and if you can, get a screenshot of you in F9 or F10 mode looking at Earth!

Victory!! Iv taken galcom and randomized Earth. Although it wasnt easy.Iv lost alot of my systems and Its getting very difficult to keep back those enemy ships without a pta system and my launch control is dead. I can't bring in or scramble my fighters and the 6 ships in my fleet are not helping much as if right now because they seem to be disabled and whats this? O lookie several Terran heavy carriers and one super carrier have just jumped in and are heading right for me. Looks like the end for me and my fleet.

Well I saved just as the Supar carrier fired its first rain of missles on my ship and several other hostile ships targeted me. Wheres the HSD when ya need it? Iv got 25% shields, No lanuch capablity, dead PTA system, and only a crew of 40 and those are the ups!

What whould u do in my postion?

From my point of view im dead unless I run. I plan on retreating to earth and landing there. Although that whould be my new home for awhile considering jacs dead and I have only 2 system engineers.

I have yet to fully asse the damages for pretty obvious reasons. But, id appreciate any advice at this point.

Guest Fox__Trot

Heres what I do I select a destination into freindly territory and if youve got a cloaking device left turn it on *It doesnt matter if youve got to turn off everything to use it DO IT just leave cloak,nav,engines on* just goto a freind base and once you rin hyperspace just bring up fleet c&c and order EVERYONE to back out of the system and once everyones through the gate to freindly territory order your 6 other cruisers to defend the jump to sol *which will provide you with time to repair your ass* and rember if you have to SHUT OFF EVERYTHING and haul your ass to a shuttle and LEAVE!!!!! if that doesnt work

And just rember if your ship goes up there only birthday fireworks so!

Guest MIKE113

Viper, can you order one of your other ships to launch a shuttle? I'm assuming you have Fleet C&C, if you can it can tow you out of there!!!

Sounds like a good battle!!

That's what you get for Randoming Earth....

BTW, while i am with intercorp, i would also like to be in a fleet... like having a second identity... who could offer me a position in galcom? and if possible and if there is a empty one, i would like a carrier

While i prefer my mercenary ways i would like to be in a fleet also.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

fox_trot...im not sure but what friendly station to Gammulans is nearby?

Viper maybe u could try the next best thing...jump to sygan...let the insurgents beat em back.

enemies don't hunt you down(i know it's happened to me). so you could probably flee to the planet Varan in Alpha Centauri since there is no station there.

You're Not Dead Viper, you can always tow your ship in a shuttle... and to win time and advantage jump just when they jump so that they go to where you where and with that time you escape, also, be aware of fighters.

Use cloaking too, if you cloak, they'll engage your other ships, buying you more time

If you have fleet C&C and you can't launch a shuttle to tow you, just launch one from a station and order it to tow you.

If you can't access a station from where you are, launch a probe (assuming you can) and order it to the region where the station is. Once it gets there, you will have sci-link access to the region and as such, access to the station - which you can then select and ask it to launch a shuttle.

Besides, it would help if you actually told us where you were exactly. If you happen to be in Sol, you're deader than Resnig asking Kara for a date; since there isn't a single Gammulan station for several parsecs.

[ 08-16-2002, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

If memory serves, he's been capturing stations along the way.

With launch control down, planetfall would be suicidal unless you have the parts to repair launch control and still have a working shuttle. If you don't have the parts and a shuttle then life is a bit harder. Your best bet is a shuttle tow if you can manage it as has been mentioned. There is another alternative if a tow is out of the question. If your hyperdrive is functional you can probably still make it. Target the least hostile jump gate, preferably one with a captured station on the other side, and enter hyperspace. Stormcarriers are the galactic slugs of command craft (as we all know). The hostiles should reach your exit point first and begin heading back toward you through real space. With luck they will put enough distance between themselves and your exit point that you can get through the jump gate and limp away.

WHAT AM I DOING? I've just given advice to a Gammulan commander who just randomized Earth. Someone shoot me please, now!

PS Please note that the above hyperjump ploy is likely to get you killed in MP as real commmanders and pilots know to just sit and wait for you to limp out of hyperspace and then finish you off.

[ 08-16-2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

[ 08-16-2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

oooooopss sorry Tyrn, I opened your post in edit instead of quote mode. Thank God for the back button!

Anyway...

quote:

PS Please note that the above hyperjump ploy is likely to get you killed in MP as real commmanders and pilots know to just sit and wait for you to limp out of hyperspace and then finish you off.

....not if you drop a Sigma thermonuclear mine just before you drop out of hyperspace. Its just as devastating as RANDOM and will take out any and everything (without a high class shield+armor) within a 500km radius. Which means, well, anyone lurking around a jump anomaly.

....oh wait, thats BCG. Sorry, please disregard

[ 08-16-2002, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]