BCM War Stories & Experiences

Supreme Cmdr

Well, I went through a flux field and decimated a Ter/Mil base on a Falk planet, after blowing up the orbiting Fal/Mil base. (not sure about abriviations). I just noticed the most interesting thing though. I've been playing the game for awhile, and after buying the phased array iod, I was boarded by intruders. Being the smart captain I am, I turned off transporter control and launch control as my marines captured some prisoners. I later noticed that my phased-array IOD was gone, right when I tried firing it in combat. I figured they blew it up or stole it, so I was about to buy a new one. Then I noticed, when sending my shuttles on mining missions, that they had LOTS of cargo in them. I unloaded the cargo, and behold, about 30% of my cargo, including the phased array, was on board 3 of my shuttles. Damn AI, how can you move a ship based weapon into a shuttle......

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Damn AI, how can you move a ship based weapon into a shuttle......

LMAO!!! I guess you missed that entire thread in which we were discussing the antics of intruders? Search for it. I think its got 'intruder' in the subject.

Intruders will steal anything they can get their hands on. If you think that them stealing a ship based weapon is anything, wait'll they nab a reactor and try to shoehorn it into a shuttle. We've had hilarious posts in the Beta forum and mailing list where we were talking about how hilarious it would be to round a corner and see four intruders lugging a reactor down to the launch bay.

Sure, I could prevent it, but for the comical benefit of the whole affair, I left that in. In fact, they also used to kidnap your crew, until I suppressed that one.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Shuttle in a shuttle? Can't say I've seen that happen yet.

However...

I can't swear that intruders did it, but I didn't. Someone loaded my spare fighter asset into a shuttle! (My #4 had no drone or OC onboard).

That gave me a great idea. I offloaded the drones and the OC's, and stuffed 1 fighter asset into each of my shuttles. Nice to have 4 full spares onboard. Heheh. Had enough room left over for more spare parts.

Of course, I'm more cautious with launch control now. Losing one of those shuttles would put me out more money than I'd care to lose.

That got me thinking perhaps those big carriers with such small cargo holds aren't such a bad deal after all.

Idaho

GCV-Futeki

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally Posted by the Supreme Commander:

In fact, they also used to kidnap your crew, until I suppressed that one.

man... i only wish they would kidnap resnig and rid me of him forever

AE: RESNIG!!!

CO: Sir!

AE: youre on the bridge again arent you???

CO:yes sir!

AE: I can tell...im losing IQ points from being in close proximity to you

CO:Thank you sir!

Yeah! Eat that! 10 intruders boarded by ship today. I lost one marine and minor damage to 3 ship systems. They lost 10 intruders. They just sat in my FCs and SCs till my marines and pilots shot them out. Too bad the cargo pods from the ships I destroyed during the fighting were unable to be recovered (stupid self-destruct on cargo pods)

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

man... i only wish they would kidnap resnig and rid me of him forever

AE: RESNIG!!!

CO: Sir!

AE: youre on the bridge again arent you???

CO:yes sir!

AE: I can tell...im losing IQ points from being in close proximity to you

CO:Thank you sir!

LOL!

how 'bout you through him in a shuttle(with you on it). unload him with you on a planet(or moon) and shoot the daylights out of him!

or you could just keep him in the shuttle and blast away!

Here's one story from the archive of "Things that i never expected"

erm erm.... let's start

Stardate 1.25.2002 (1.4.3010AD more exactly)

It all begun a day like any other when a guy, Pedro Laracuente, was going to start his career as a Galcom Commander... enough of this, let's get directly to the point.

I started as a Terran/Commander with a BCMK3. When i launched from Galcom HQ i sent marines to my shuttles and set waypoints to deploy drones on earth...

Ten hours later... shuttles sent to recover drones, sold minerals at Starpath, went back to earth and upgraded upgradable parts of the ship sold some components and bought T.A shields. Installed it. After it was at 84% or more i dock at Galcom HQ... upgrade cancelled and artifacts cannot be repaired (1st thing i didin't expect). Tried downgrading to linears IV to see if i recovered the artifact but when the downgrade finished... guess what? the T.A. Shields artifact was missing!!!! (2nd thing i did not expect). Sent mining drones to work again...

600 minutes later i take the minerals and sell them at starpath. Bought T.A. Shields (at starpath 'cause Galcom HQ didn't have any and Genesis didn't even have one of the 10 artifacts) and the PAD. Upgraded ship, loaded the tanks and i started what i thought would be a long trip, but no it wasn't... (more on this later)

I was on Earth Region, i set the course to Mars again to sell some debris... ok I arrive, i set the course to starpath, in the middle of the course the alarm sounds and i hear "Warning, acquired", i then start to switch from ship to ship to see what do we have to deal with... there was nothing but a few fighters. Ok, no prob, they're no match for my PTA and my new shiny shields.

My PTA start the firefight and after a minute or so they are gone and no damage was done to my ship, i tow a corsair that was left disabled to the station... Ok i finish selling those goodies.

Allright, then we set the course back to Earth for one more sweep. Before i start the jump the damn alarm sounds again and the "Warning Acquired" voice again... OMG, Insurgent Aestrom Super Carrier locked on me!!! since i was near Starpath i thought i wouldn't have any problem dealing with it, but i was completely wrong, the carrier gives me a big challenge, i cloak but it heads to starpath since it lost track of me... i try to destroy him but he heads at a high speed to the station.

Then the damn thing positions itself below the station and my PTA system start firing at it like if it was a harpoon anti-ship missile that obediently goes after its target in a direct line.... and what happens when there's an obstacle between the missile and the target? you're right! it crashes in the obstacle!!! that's what exactly happened with my pta the station and the carrier.

The PTA fires even if it hits the station (3rd thing i didn't expect) After i see that i suddenly turn it off... after a few minutes i realized that my EP was -4750 or so (yes, negative Experience points) OMFG!!! the thing gets even worse, a Gammulan Military or Criminal Stormcarrier Arrives at Starpath.I still have cloaking system on so i don't need to worry about it... I finally kill the Aestrom and head after the Stormcarrier, just when i start killing it i realize three things: 1st, Starpath is heavily damaged 2nd, "We are running low on iridium" and finally 3rd I completely forgot that i had a PAD onboard

Radiation levels are critical so i turn off cloaking, then i decouple the IOD to activate the PAD, poor Stormy Carrier, it didn't stand a chance. A few traders jump in to get the Debris left from the battle, i send one of my shuttles to cargoweep, after he's collecting cargo pods i notice: "Priority one Alert We have intruders onboard" that was the only thing that was missing in the battle... now i have 5 boys playing with Resnig Elite guard .

I turn launch control off. The shuttle is ready to come back but "Launch control needs power" The shuttle does another run and i turn launch control on. The shuttle docks and guess what happens? I notice an strange red square in my fighter assets... a damn intruder escaped with my expensive new fighter!!!!

RP/

Laracuente: Resnig?

Resnig: Sir?

Laracuente: Please, come to the bridge.

Resnig: Will do sir

*one minute later*

Laracuente: Resnig, do you realize what happened?

Resnig: Yes sir, we have too many stinky marines around!!

Laracuente: No, not that ("what am i going to do with this idiot")

Resnig: Then what Sir?

Laracuente: Your Elite guard let an intruder escape with an expensive fighter.

Resnig: Sorry sir!

Laracuente: Another mistake and you're going down there to mars with your damn elite guard to train, and without your gameboy.

*Resnig takes something out of his pocket*

Resnig: Sir!?

Laracuente: What?

Resnig: Want some chocolate?

Laracuente: dismiss!!!

Resnig: Aye aye sir

*Resnig goes out of the bridge and on his way to operations he says:

Damn, damn commander i have, he's so cruel... he wants to send me to a mission without my game boy!!!

RP/

Back to the story:

I was tired so i set waypoints for my shuttles to deploy drones and one for my CC to land in a peaceful place of the planet. Ok, drones deployed, shuttles docked and i arrived at the planet, i start the landing.

Ok, the ship is taxi... i was going to leave it there the whole night but i decided to explore a bit the surface. I get out of the ship and start admiring it...

Then... Holy Sh!t!!!!!! Guess what? My ship had taken off and left the planet and left me in it biting sand(4th thing i didn't espect) luckily there was a base near to resuply and cure anything but i still couldn't recover my ship.

End of the story...

My longest post ever

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

That is what you get for yelling at Resnig. You should have used the Halt command before you left the ship. To get your ship back, put a way point by where you are standing for the CC. When it gets to the way point give it the Halt command and it will land by you.

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

That is what you get for yelling at Resnig. You should have used the Halt command before you left the ship. To get your ship back, put a way point by where you are standing for the CC. When it gets to the way point give it the Halt command and it will land by you.

Damn Resnig.... i'll throw his GameBoy to the surface of one of those fiercy Gammulan planets.

I'll use halt next time

RP/

Laracuente: Resnig?

Laracuente: Please, come to the bridge.

Resnig: Will do sir

*one minute later*

Laracuente: Resnig, do you realize what happened?

Resnig: Yes sir, we have too many stinky marines around!!

Laracuente: No, not that ("what am i going to do with this idiot")

Resnig: Then what Sir?

Laracuente: Your Elite guard let an intruder escape with an expensive fighter.

Resnig: Sorry sir!

Laracuente: Another mistake and you're going down there to mars with your damn elite guard to train, and without your gameboy.

*Resnig takes something out of his pocket*

Resnig: Sir!?

Laracuente: What?

Resnig: Want some chocolate?

Laracuente: dismiss!!!

Resnig: Aye aye sir

*Resnig goes out of the bridge and on his way to operations he says:

Damn, damn commander i have, he's so cruel... he wants to send me to a mission without my game boy!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!

that's the funniet thing i've heard yet!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Sure, I could prevent it, but for the comical benefit of the whole affair, I left that in. In fact, they also used to kidnap your crew, until I suppressed that one.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ][/QB]

Why'd kidnapping get suppressed? Did they kidnap marines sent to kill em?

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

Why'd kidnapping get suppressed? Did they kidnap marines sent to kill em?

Because it wasn't a feature that implemented. They just do it; all on their own.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by the Supreme Commander:

Because it wasn't a feature that implemented. They just do it; all on their own.

That is just too darn sweet. must make you feel good SC when your programmed AI does stuff you wouldnt expect them to do... sheesh... thats freaky

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

quote:

Originally posted by the Supreme Commander:

That is just too darn sweet. must make you feel good SC when your programmed AI does stuff you wouldnt expect them to do... sheesh... thats freaky

They had this nasty habit of cloning the crew before the orginals were even dead just so they could claim they kidnapped someone! You'd look in your shuttle's cargo display and see things like

AE x2

CO x3 (of all things why would they want Resnig?!)

Made for some awfully confusing problems on the bridge when I had to order the clones spaced in a cargo pod as they wouldn't leave the shuttle's hold.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

What was happening is that they were nabbing one crew member, because its not allowed, he then got re-created. They'd nab him again.

But claiming that they were cloning them is much more entertaining

Had an interesting thing happen to me the other day; was trying to capture a station in my Garid, but of course went over the top and destroyed it instead . A cargo pod appeared on the radar, so I sent a shuttle to retrieve it. Minutes later, the shuttle still hadn't reached it and wasn't moving. Zoomed in on it, and it stuck in the station superstructure (stupid marine). Wouldn't even RTB. The only thing I could do was to park my CC as close as possible, get out and jet pack over and fly the shuttle myself.

Something else happened just after that. i was trying to capture a Credian Merc station (as an assassin), but again ended up destroying it. I checked my experience points, and it had gone way in the negative! It wasn't a friendly or neutral station, so why the slap on the points front? I'd captured or destroyed neutral staions before, but earned points for them.