BCM First Impressions!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n00bs first impressions:

1. Very professional looking manual. Nicely laid out, very detailed and comprehensive, easy to read. etc.

2. Ran the game in 1024x768, looks very clean and sharp.

3. Using DX 8.1 ... no problems.

4. Love the huge star map. I have to find a place on the wall to hang it.

5. Now I just need to learn how to drive this thing.

Great! I especially liked shooting my marines with an atv. And watching them try to run away when I came out after them!

Unfortunately it keeps dumping me back to windows when i try to do anything involvling the moon. How strange is that? I'm pretty sure it is a problem with my system so I'm gonna defrag my hard drive. That takes about fifteen days so i'll just let it run over thanks giving break.

Thanks SC

Well its pretty cool so far, the first thing I did is strat an instant action, one of the pilot careers...then flew stright down soooo fast, too fast I didn't pull up in time, went straight through the water and crashed on the bottom floor, so my first impresion is AWSOME, the view the whole way down is pretty cool.

Now if I can figure out how to leave the command ship to fly a shuttle...bye all going back to gaming....

quote:

Originally posted by salisbury:

Great! I especially liked shooting my marines with an atv. And watching them try to run away when I came out after them!

Unfortunately it keeps dumping me back to windows when i try to do anything involvling the moon. How strange is that? I'm pretty sure it is a problem with my system so I'm gonna defrag my hard drive. That takes about fifteen days so i'll just let it run over thanks giving break.

Thanks SC

Check out the online VCF, there is a fix for that moon problem. Look in the RC2 section. You have to edit the ENGLISH.LNG file.

Got mine,

I have to say Derek, it all paid off, everything looks very sleek and just plain awesome, especially the keyboard sheet, the color map takes the cake! (and the bonus map is hella cool too) The waiting was worth it, thanks for bringing the gamers a great game.

Got a little bit of time to actually play...damn, all I can say is...I'm home!

I installed the game and gave the instruction manual a quick read. The manual was detailed and straight to the point. I then proceeded to jump in with the tutorial. The game ran like a dream and the music was fantastic! I think this is the best music score I have heard in a long time.

Looks like I am going to have some late night's coming up

Thanks for the great game SC!

I picked my name, asset, and starting position in Orion Starstation... the depth of the music that was playing, the eerie background, the sight of the station against the backdrop of the planet was breathtaking...

All thumbs up as far as this goes so far.

The game is great. Been playing for a couple of hours. I have had it crash on me twice (I believe it has to do with problem the SC has a fix for. I will do his fix and see what happens.) and the restock station allowed me in but would not let me out (The game did not freeze but the little menu with the word leave would not work. I am not complaining....I know it has to do with MP so I will leave it alone.). The sound cracks at times but I know it has to do with the SoundBlaster Live crap that has not had a driver update in a year for it. Love the Music. Going to have run it trough the surround sound system. Time go play some more.

Well, as a newbie to the BC series, although I've lurked around since May after I pre-ordered, I must say I didn't quite know what to expect.

I've only had time to play for an hour or so, and still learning, but I'm extremely impressed so far. While the learning curve is somewhat steep at first, I'm slowly getting there, and the sheer amount of stuff in BCM is intoxicating!

The graphics are great even at 800x600 (I'll probably bump it up, I'd rather get more eye candy than 60 fps, at least until MP).

The score is great, the gameplay, well, I haven't played enough to rave about that yet.

I did hit the bug with mixed-races on planets and moons, and I'm very impressed to see the workaround already out there...not many developers can do that.

Now if only I could stop being sick on my vacation week and be able to play BCM for hours and hours! Good job SC!

The game is HOT. I started up a Insurgent roam, my poor CC was boarded, blasted and totaled the second i hypered into Earth space looking for a fight.

And at the inv stations... that healing sound is the most original one i ever heard.. and funny as hell

quote:

Originally posted by Jigoku San:

And at the inv stations... that healing sound is the most original one i ever heard.. and funny as hell

LOL!!! I was waiting for when someone would actually try that. I was telling the guys just how hilarious it was. Man, that just cracks me up, just thinking about it.

Guest rtoolooze

I just love the manual!!! Very well done. Its the kind of manual you curl up with and read for hours. I also like the key card and map on the other side. Well, back to the game.

SC

I'm extremely impressed. Thanks very much, I'm certain this game will live up to my excessive expectations.

Love the artwork and manual. Got home late last night and only had time to install it and check it booted up OK and the controls (joystick/mouse etc) all seemed to be doing what they should. No problems at all.

The graphics are stunning, even better than the E2 demo (or is just my over excited imagination?). One question though, as I said it was late last night and my eyesight wasn't perhaps at it's best, the HUD seems coarser in apperance than that in the E2 demo. That is, the numbers and lines seem thicker. Is this the case? Is it possible to make them finer? (OK that's 2 questions). I appreciate you have a ton more important issues on your plate right now, but if you can find the time to respond I'd be grateful. Also, if this is covered in the FAQ or VCF then I apologise in advance, just thought I'd ask since I was posting my impressions.

Cheers.

quote:

Originally posted by Guybert:

SC

One question though, as I said it was late last night and my eyesight wasn't perhaps at it's best, the HUD seems coarser in apperance than that in the E2 demo. That is, the numbers and lines seem thicker. Is this the case? Is it possible to make them finer? (OK that's 2 questions). I appreciate you have a ton more important issues on your plate right now, but if you can find the time to respond I'd be grateful. Also, if this is covered in the FAQ or VCF then I apologise in advance, just thought I'd ask since I was posting my impressions.

Cheers.

Dunno. But you could try changing the fonts. Check the FAQ for info on how to do this.

Alright here we go...

FIRST off this game IS AWESOME , but i have just a few newbie questions/comments......

first off in roam mode, what does a diplomat really do, he can't like make alliances and stuff right.....?

fp is awesome but do i always have to control the teams i beam down from tacops>?, i wish i could do it in fp, if you can tel me, that sall i can rem now..back to game....