Name your favorite ship!

Vandal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Carrier: Firestorm. Very powerful ship, even if it isn't really that manuverable. It has the most turrets out of all of them.

Cruiser: Sunflash. Fast, and a lot of turrets.(the most in the game, I think.) Wish it came with more than 5 marines though . Hate those intruders with a passion.

• 1 month later...
Guest DocHoliday

hehe, I've only been at this game for about a week. I mostly use the Firestorm too. I didn't want to be overwhelmed by the biggest ship possible, yet I felt too n00b to go with something more challenging Even though I'm thinking of starting again with a Megaron or BC Mk.III or something, just because of what I read here!

This thread should actually be transformed into a poll or something. It would be a lot more.. graphic

I like the idea though! Favourites for everything.. Like, who's your favourite officer? Trade item? Starting base? Form of domination? Treatment of escaping shuttles?

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Megaron is easily the most powerful all-round Ship. The shields are insane, but compared to the Nightstar it also has a very good Fighter complement. I won't even talk bout the PTA. Gotta love the looks, too.. in UC it looks even more like a Bird of Prey.. imagine the thing cloaking on ya.

For cruisers umm.. cant help it.. Starwarrior!! Gotta love the smallish pirate look and warp speed. It's also kinda fun to not use the sharpest knive in the drawer.. especially when going against NPC's.

For UC it's hard to decide for me tho. I think the design team has done a great job with all the ships. Ships i like to fly just for the looks:

Warmonger, Firestorm, Sentry, Garid, the Battlecruisers (for oldschool style), Starlance, L-Fighter, Templon, Starmonk (most improved )

I would use the Aestrom all the time because of its firing arc, if it would be able to use Artefacts, instead I use a Megaron because of its good PTA firing arc and just general balance, plus it can use Artefacts.

For Cruisers I would have to choose the Garid because of its speed and looks.

For shuttles I use MK1 because of its fast Hyperdrive recharge rate and cargo capacity.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

my first one was firestorm. picked for its cool name. my second and present CC is Megaron and I love it over firetorm. it's much faster and 'bout as much firepower with lots more shield to back it up! nice managable crew and a good compliment of fighters/shuttles. it's a winner. firestorm is just way too slow...

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Vandal:

And please, a little originality here, try to play something else BESIDES the Stormcarrier, it's big, it's bad, it's got more fighters than pilots, but who really wants a *challenge* eh? eh?

Here's mine, which I have to admit was love at first sight, Questor - Heavy Cruiser. Sleek lines, scores of turrets and impressive speed and moves. Can't beat the quadruple green exhaust either!

Asthetically, all of the ships look damn cool and I can't really decide which I like best.

But as for raw power, I truly do not understand alot of the posts I see. "How do you beat a Stormcarrier".. "Send out your fighters and hope they beat the opposing carrier.." etc etc.

I'l tell you how I beat a Stormcarrier.

I point my main guns at it and blast the living piss out of it long before it's even so much as scratches my shields. In any class of cruiser that I've played so far, this is alot easier than i just made it sound. Since the AI doesnt seem to use it's ships main guns, I simply can't fathom how an NPC carrier (Or even a large group of NPC carriers) could ever begin to threaten a player cruiser.

That being said im not even sure why you'd pick a carrier, except just maybe for a different flavour. Even capturing stations isn't hard with a cruiser. Well, most anyway. Some stations will blast you to peices before your even outta hyperspace. But even those, there's ways around it. Without C&C. I just hyperspace around and come at them from angles that their turrets can't cover.

But this is just what I've experienced so far. So since all i've got to go on is asthetics...

Either Starwarrior or Firestorm.

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is ancient but I'm bored and I wanted to put my opinion in here because I missed it the first time it came around : P

I really love the Nightstar just because the way it looks. The design is so awsome , it really looks like a space carrier :D I love to get out of my ship and walk on it just because it seems like that is what it is made for. The crew/shuttles/fighters all meet my style, though to be honest I'm a horrible commander. Always have been always will be lol. I've been playing these games forever and I still suck , I guess that is my destiny but at least I have fun.

I like Firestorm but I tried what people suggested and attacked a land base with it and got shot down in short order. The PTA system did take its toll on the enemy base and took out most of it defesnes but I was LITERALLY shot down. My giant fire storm crashed next to the enemy base and burned and burned but didn't explode :P I couldn't think of a way to get it out of there as EVERY computer was broken, I couldn't order repairs or anything like that. so finally I just jumped out and watch the ship burn from a distance, then tried to close in the base and finish it off myself :P didn't go well, all that smoke and fire blocked my view of the small army of enemy marines the base sent after me lol.

- edit below this line -

I've been playing heavily for the last week or so and I've actually finally gotten good at the game. It hasn't crashed on me at all which is something new, maybe I finally get the settings just in the sweet spot and the patches made AWA very stable I dunno. Any how I've been playing the Megaron due to posts here about how good it is. I have to say its shields are extremly powerful, I've upgraded them pretty high and I can sit there and go toe to toe with any ship and my shields regen almost as fast as the enemy can shoot me. I took Wraith station with it without any problem, the first time I've ever captured a space station since I started playing way back when O.o I really like the fighters that come with the Megaron. Several of them have taken a beating but none of them have been totally destroyed and the pilots are starting to wrack up some real combat kills. I believe the first pilot in the last has 8 now : ) I took the Megaron down to attack a land base and the PTA systems made short work of most of my enemies from kilometers away it seems. Was a bit of a tough job having something so huge so close to the ground to avoid lock ons but it was a great deal of fun. The PTA could fire so far away that I destroyed a near by city wtihout even knowing it because my PTA was wasting it the entire time I was fighting the first base lol. The shuttles on the Megaron offer a selection as it has two MK1 and two MK3 shutles so depending on your needs you can pick and choose what you need, same with fighters.

I have one small problem where one of my drones has gone missing, it still shows up as being on the planet I left it on but the shuttle won't pick it up, it just says drone not found. Also can't seem to replace it since it still show active, not that big a deal since Mining is mostly a waste of time compared to trading or popping cargo ships for cargo pods ^_ ^ My favorite fighter is the Raven now, I just love the way that thing looks and it is the best all around super fighter as well. My experiences in the Night Star can't compare with the success I've had with my Megaron so it is my new favorite ^_^

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Night star hands down its seen me through tough battles and once I had to hall that thing cause the engines were destroyed in a invasion and I paid the price when a terran insurgent jumped me at the starbase i was docking with lolz. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Until patch 2.0 to UCCE was released my favourite ship was firestorm - it has many very powerful PTA turrets, and eight superfighters which are almost non destructible, but its slow and its manuverability is very low.

Now with patch 2.0 its Ensgtrom - powerful PTA turrets, its faster than firestorm, has the same amount of marines, flight enginers, medics, system enginers, as firestorm and... cargo bays in the same size as firestorm, which is too small sometimes (then I relocate cargo to shuttles cargobays) for me.

I like to play Battlecruiser mk3 - it's fast, has moderate in efectivnes pta turrets, has quite good fighters, but they lack sometimes armor and shield when fighting against nighstars, megarons and huge cargobays - especially cargobay 1 which is place where the most used spare parts and replacements of support craft (if it is destroyed) are stored. You know I like repairing fighters etc. without the need of docking to starstations. And sometimes I had to do this.