First Person Base Incursion

Supreme Cmdr

If you want to play as a marine fp career but don't want to play an IA scenario which probably starts you in a hostile base (in which you'd most likely get killed), do this :

1. SNG
  2. Select either the EFM or MIM career as desired - and make your weapon choices.
  3. Select the desired planet region and then the desired mission zone. If the Blue down arrow displays a mission zone list, you can see more entries if you move the mouse to the end of the list and it will auto-scroll. Make sure you select a FRIENDLY mzone!!
  4. Once you launch, activate your DIE system and switch to mode 3. Use this to cycle through targets until you see a DJP (manual p72). Close the DIE (it will auto-close once you start moving) and then use the caret on the mini-HUD (top-right corner) to move to it. The range is displayed to the left of the caret symbology. Note that the legend on the left is only the range. The caret you should be following is on the heading tape itself. Just like a regular waypoint caret.
  5. Once you find a DJP, activate it, then pick a hostile base to jump to.

Using this technique, you can go to any base on a planet and still be able to go back to a friendly one if you want to. You can use DJPs and supply stations at friendly or hostile bases - but I'm sure you won't be trying to use one if some gits are shooting at you. So, its a good idea to just DJP outta there to a friendly base, use the supply station there and then come back to the hostile base.

=========

SNG = Start New Game

EFM = Elite Force Marine

MIM = Mobile Infantry Marine

SFM = Space Force Marine

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Man first person is hard. I killed 2 tanks before being shot to death by some turret. What makes it even harder is that you are kinda stuck when you are hit by fire so a barage of hits will kill you easily.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Man first person is hard. I killed 2 tanks before being shot to death by some turret. What makes it even harder is that you are kinda stuck when you are hit by fire so a barage of hits will kill you easily.

hehe, yep. Steer clear of those anti-personnel turrets!!!

And the fact that you can't move when shot, is part of the realism aspects of the game. I may relax it...if people ***** enough.