So... how do I look?

Spuzzum

Take some pointers from the elite. Of course I'm talking Orion Fleet. See here. (Ooh, and look at me!!!)

nova-id.jpg

Hm.. I'm planning to redo my pic, though. Aleksey (Orion Morale Officer) brought up the point of glasses being proably nonexistant in 3000ad. I've got something cooked up.

Nova, over and out.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Wow, thanks, guys!

The only reason I chose that picture over all others is because it's the most recent I have. (It's pretty much the only picture of me since I was 16, and that one looks five years younger, despite being but one year younger. )

At least I touched it up! Notice the nice transition between the uniform and the background. Only problem is I got a little messy with the smudge tool on the left side of the picture between the uniform and the neck.

Also, my head is a little lopsided since I was sitting at an angle in the picture. But, since I really do consider myself a jack-of-all-trades, I have ways of straightening that neck out... (I have powers! OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO!)

All-in-all... oh well.

[edit] Hmm, I have an idea for a niftier background...

...and, if glasses are non-existent, that can also be remedied.

Heck, I can even turn that bored expression into a smile. [/edit]

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Spuzzum ]

[edit 2] Wait a minute... I just realised that's a GalCom uniform. [/edit]

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Hehe. Sorry Vandal, she already has Foss.

BTW, isn't Akuma supposed to have purple hair, at least according to RP?

Yep..... In RP, Nova (my AE/character) is supposed to have red or purple hair in that anime spiked style. (Sorta like some of the characters in Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross.)

BTW, nice quote you've got there, SC.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I mainly chose green because that's the colour of the Terran uniform I had made up for one of my own game design ideas (called "Warrior" -- a massive-multiplayer space game).

Actually, on my original version of the uniform, the lining leading down the sleeves is yellow. But I thought that would contrast strangely with the yellow epaulets. [edit] Oh, geez, I didn't even realise that the picture doesn't even show the sleeves. [/edit]

I do need a badge, though.

As for a hat... I dunno...

Here's my pic... Perhaps some more work to do on it -- most likely a cool space-ship-looking background instead of the blank background.

What do you think? I like the way the neck of the uniform looks... Haven't tried it in-game yet (til I get home!)...

mcmdrDREW.bmp

By definition, a blouse is a uniform. In common lingo it is a woman's shirt, but it is a serviceman's shirt in military terms.

(So do the darned research! )

Also of note, a blouse is also, by definition, a long shirt worn by English workers in medieval times.

The blouse I've made combines both ideas -- length, and military style.

(The sleeves reach a person's wrists -- the outer edge of the sides pass a person's waist and reach the top of their thighs. Note however that the uniform makes an inverted U-shape at the base, which allows movement.)

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Spuzzum ]