Online Celebration

Well, quite frankly I'm surprised no one has suggested this earlier, but...

I think it's high time we had an online event to celebrate the release of BC:M! Sure, multiplayer isn't out yet, but that doesn't mean we can;t all get on IRC/AW and meet up. Share stories about the game, swap screenies, start a few more GalCOM/Insurgent wars - maybe even cajole the SC into making an appearance.

Whaddaya say? What times suit everyone? I might even be able to make an appearance if it fits in with work and time differences.... I'm GMT+10, so I guess the best times for me would be 0900->1300 (converts to 1600->2000 US Central Time) or 1500->1900 (converts to 2200->0200 US Central Time). I can log onto AW to chat (not to explore or my computer dies a horrible death! *grin*) IRC, any online WWW chat places.

So...what do people think?

-GD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan. Im sure there will be an eager bunch of newbies willing to scratch their eyes out to have a quiet word with the chief or the know-it-all-vets-who-layeth-down-the-smack when they mess up on the forums. As a side benefit - great recruitment oppurtunity here. Anyways, might be better off sticking to IRC than AW, but apart from that whenever it's suggested, I'll be popping by ...

Yes! AW! Come and see what the new builders have done. It would be great to have more visitors, or at the very least, to have some visitors.

quote:

And since I haven't been there in a while, I'm dying to see what Epsilon 5 has been doing to the commander's village.....

Your eyes will pop out when you see some of the brilliant things he has built (the orion outpost is now the size of a small town).

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

Okay. All those who wanted AW, you have to concede, it's a ***** to those who don't have decent computers. Like moi.

So what I suggest is that you idle in AW and log onto the IRC channel for the actual chat. That way, all those AW junkies - and people who want to try 3D chat - can get together on the sidelines. IRC clients are pretty easy to run.

Even better, AW has a browser, doesn't it? Some smart cookie with building privileges in AW set up a console that opens the applet (above) when clicked, somewhere in the Commander's Village. That way, you get one half of the screen chatting in AW, and the other half on IRC. Best of both worlds.

So, when? What times suit everyone? I'll get hold of my roster and post some dates and times that suit me (I'd love to be there) and we'll work out what we can do.

-GD