Online Celebration

So, I was away half the time. But I logged everything, til it was just me, and Cur (who was away) a few min ago. The log starts from 16:38 and ends at 22:08.

Too bad I wasn't around when SC was there.

Transcript Here (95.9k)

I thought it ended nicely. Be sure to pick up my closing remarks near the end of the transcript. (the last line under 22:07)

Nova, over and out.

(EDIT: Orion FLeet RP Source is going some revisions. I just corrected the link. ^_^ )

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of current events, I'd like to schedule a community meeting on IRC.

I need you guys to organize this please, with the help of Badmoon and let me know when, where etc.

This is a VERY important meeting, so it has to be setup at the proper time so that as many people as possible, can attend. Naturally we would log the proceedings for absentees to view at a later date.

About the meeting

Epsilon5 is camping IRC and loging time when ppl are free

so log on and type in CAPs to let him know when u are free, dont forget time zone too.

we trying to aim for this sat.

SC we also need to know when are u free since u are making call for the meeting and without you this wont happen.

anyone who's organizing this event contact E5

i'll be caming there as well.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: EAGLE ]

EAGLE: "CAPs"?

In any case, I'm a B.C. resident, and by deduction one could determine that I'm GMT -800 (-700 during PST, or PDT, or whenever. Not sure which. Anyway, it's 4:38 PM right now. =). Every other weekday I'm occupied until around 5:00 PM PST. Today was one of those 'every other weekdays', except a gurgling bag of bacteria was dominating my bloodstream. Tomorrow I'm free at 4:00 PM PST.

I'd be there if I could, though!

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

SC we also need to know when are u free since u are making call for the meeting and without you this wont happen.

I'm free on Sat/Sun and I can make time. I just need to know what time you all settle on.

It's the last weekend before Christmas. I get the feeling that a lot of people are going to be occupied during that period. Because the majority are going to be on US time, this means that whenever this happens is going to put us europeans in a tricky spot, espech if done over the weekend. I would suggest either wednesday or thursday this week before we all break for the holiday festivities.

If thats not an option, someone for gods sake keep logs and make sure they are mailed direct to me.

True, Blades is right, it's the weekend before christmas. But then again since it's important for the community, then:

Thu - Sun is fine, Wed for me is a no-no unless its late at night (01:00+ GMT+1)

(err, the missus will hate me for this )

About the meeting.

Ok week day is bad 'couse most ppl work

Sun may be bad 'couse some of us have to work mon

Plus we have to line up on SC and if its good for him. Its his meeting.

Here is proposition SAT 16:00 Eastern (22:00 GMT i think)

We have ppl all over the world so some will not be able to make wether we like it or not.

And if we do it Sat it will give ppl some time to clear their schedules if they want to come.

SC if Sat 4pm is good for u then we should set it untill it turns to debate.

if it not good, then u make a call and give us time. We'll try to make it.

At this stage, with work and the lead-up to christmas, I'll be lucky to find any length of time to spend with family and loved ones, let alone online...*grin*.

However, I believe I've made my position and opinions on this issue abundantly clear, so I will trust the rest of this community to hash this issue out, and await the log file with bated breath...*grin*.

-GD

I think that Saturday at 16.00 Eastern time (22.00 GMT) should work also for European members (at least it should be good for me , even if I will be already on holiday at my parents home). But probably there could be problems for those based in Australia and surrounding areas.

I wonder what day and time that works out to be over here in Malaysia? Seriously I have no clue and would appreciate some help in figuring it out. I try to log on for the last celebration but there was no one on, so either I was late or early.

As at posting this it's 9.00pm Wednesday 12/19/2001.

HELP!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

As at posting this it's 9.00pm Wednesday 12/19/2001.

HELP!!!!

I guess Malaysa is 7 hours ahead of Central European time, 8 hours ahead of GMT and 13 hours ahead of US Eastern Time (New York).

So if you see an hour on Eastern to figure out your time just add 13 hours (for example: 6am Eastern Time (at New York) would be 7pm your time, same day! Or 8pm Eastern (Dec. 19) would be 9am (Dec. 20). Easy, isn't it?)

See you in space!

That makes me wonder, I feel spoiled, being in the Eastern US time, syncronized with the official board times.

The weekend might be iffy, as I work in a movie theater, especially with LotR.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Download
. Thats what I use

Back when I was active in Active Worlds as Aule, I wrote the VirtualReality Time utility which is the basis for AW's time zone. Anway, it's a simple utility which allows one to easily convert from one time zone to another. It works so well that it was awarded Tool of the Day two days after it was released. Guess it's time to dust the code off, uncustomize it for AW and re-release it.