Magnetic boots

Spuzzum

Ever wanted to walk on the underside of a building? I did, by accident, when I raided a TER/RAI starbase.

Jump onto the top of the building in your jetpack, and then hit X to drop prone. Hold shift so you run to the edge.

Once you arrive there, nudge yourself over and immediately let go of the button. You'll grab onto the side of the building. Then start running again. You're facing downward!

Repeat the step for the bottom edge of the overhang of the building, and soon you'll be stuck head-downward.

The best thing to try, once that happens, is to jump off. You land headfirst on the ground. (Did anyone hear something crack?)

Okay, it's an 8.62 MB RAR file (so you'll need WinRAR or something), containing ten 1024x768 32-bit PNGs. The compression of RAR is substantially better than ZIP, and the PNGs achieve much better compression than TGA (despite equal graphical quality).

Here's the captions:

PHOTO000.PNG - "I know! Let's try out my magnetic boots!"

PHOTO001.PNG - "Gee, flying sure is fun! Okay, the target is directly below me... queue downthrust."

PHOTO002.PNG - "I'll do it! I'll jump! (Heh, heh, suckers!)"

PHOTO003.PNG - "Did I ever mention that I was afraid of heights?"

PHOTO004.PNG - "Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendly neighbourhood Spiderman! Does whatever a spider can! Spins a web, any size, catches thieves, just like flies! Look out! Here comes the Spiderman!"

PHOTO005.PNG - "Ugh, the blood is rushing to my head."

PHOTO006.PNG - "If this game had 3D glasses, I'd be dizzy right now."

PHOTO007.PNG - "Hey, I know! I'll shoot my ATV while standing upside down!"

PHOTO008.PNG - "Look at me, I'm an aft turret! A hyuk!"

PHOTO009.PNG - "Aw... I'd pour myself a martini, but the liquid flies away."

http://spuzzum.byond.com/images/shots.rar

I discovered that you can't land on your head by jumping, though... you do a nifty sideflip and land on your feet. Not Spiderman... Spider-cat!

I did land on my head once, but that was because I tapped the jetpack button or something. I forget what exactly. If you want to do it, consider it an exercise to the reader.