Line them up....and give them justice

Korono Lakeela

Ok, so I am floating around Pixan and have been defending it until it is worth leaving. It was a lot of work to capture it and I am not letting some Insurgent punk ruin my day. Anyway, things are quiet when suddenly an Insurgent freighter pops in and loads me up with intruders. These guys are GOOD, they manage to pop off 3 of my marines and a medic and raise holy hell on the subdecks of my shiny BC MkII.

I eventually give up on my own marines compentency. But I will give them some credit, most of them have been going strong for about 13 hours and needed a break. I docked at Pixan and let the station security round them up. When I launch I have 3 of those dastardly evil people in my detention hold...3 seconds later, one escapes. Now this ticks me off, and being a bit of a distance from HQ I load up the other two prisoners, 3 marine guards, and myself into the transpoter and beam down to a sunny spot of Lennon.

Needless to say, justice was swift and left nothing more than a smoking barrel and two dead prisoners to be pecked apart by whatever lives on Lennon.

I didn't think to take screenshots, and if I did, I don't really have a way of getting them here, but let me tell you....that was cool. You can do damn near anything with this game.

I hope that escaped prisoner doesn't break into my quarters to avenge his example-made buddies.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

Saint, you use the transporter.

It's in the book, but:

1. Order all folk that you want to beam down to Transporter...use Tactical/Crew and then change assigments. Yes, you can do this with prisoners. Don't forget to order yourself.

2. Once everyone has arrived at the transporter (use Perscan to watch), go to TacOps. Zoom in on the planet and use the Transporter button to access the control strip. Use SetPos to pick a likely spot and then Deploy.

3. You'll beam down. Do stuff.

4. When ready to beam up, switch back to TacOps (alt-S). When you click on yourself in the TacOps view, there will be a pop-up menu that includes a check-box with "Evac". Put a check in this box.

5. Once all folk have been marked for evac, click the "Evac" button on the bottom control strip.

Forgive me if vague, but it's late here.

Roger that...thanx. Yeah I know how to use the transporter. I was wondering more how to get the crew out of the shuttle to do the same thing....I see there is the option to deploy team. I'll keep experimenting with the waypoints. I figured if I set the waypoint to deploy team that once I got to the waypoint it would do it automagically.

You know what'd be really nice to watch? A firing squad with all of the ground-capable marines from a Stormcarrier versus those two prisoners...

Another thing I've been wanting to try at some point is to beam a prisoner onto a planet somewhere and then man one of my FCs and strafe him. Just for something to do.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Teleport a prisoner down Jupiter's atmosphere... hehehe

Now why didn't *I* think of that?! It's easy, close to home, and efficient!

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

Its Lennen. Imagine all the intruders.. of the world.... running for their liiiiive (ay ay ) ssss..

You know, that's something we don't have enough of around here... BCM-oriented parodies of classic songs.