Things to try...

Supreme Cmdr

Post yours here!

1. SNG with the Sunflash Heavy Cruiser (its fast)
  2. Launch from GALCOMHQ
  3. On the bridge, target Earth planet in NID and press ALT+9. Answer Y to establish planetfall
  4. After the planetfall transition and you are back in the bridge view, go to thrust factor 9
  5. Yaw the ship to that you are flying towards the middle of the ocean, as indicated on the NID map. You should turn to a heading of about 315 since the default heading on planetfall will be taking you toward land
  6. Go to thrust factor 3 when close to the ocean
  7. When over the ocean, pitch down and land on the water. The ship's systems will shutdown when it hits the water
  8. Exit the ship with ALT+E
  9. Now that you are in the water, you can swim (SHIFT key) around the ship (you look cool in F9 view too as you swim). Keep watching the ship (F1, F9 or F10 views) and eventually it will start to sink to the bottom of the ocean. Now swim down to it (SHIFT+S or W to pitch up/down, release S key when desired pitch angle attained) and you can swim around it. Eventually it will self-destructRemember that you cannot arm your weapons unless you are standing ON the seabed
  10. When you are tired of swimming around your ditched CC, you can quit the game using ALT+Q since you no longer have a craft and have no means of leaving the station.Note also that you can also wait on the bridge until the CC sinks to the seabed,
    before exiting it.

Another variation. At step #7

1. Level off slightly above the ocean, put the CC in HALT mode and activate the A/P.
  2. Go to Tactical/Crew and send a marine to SC1
  3. Go to Tacops and set 2 waypoints near the CC. Waypoint #1 orders should be "proceed to next" and waypoint #2 orders should be "wait for further instructions". Make sure that both waypoints are close to the CC
  4. When the marine is in the shuttle and the SC1 indicator is lit light Green, launch SC1.
  5. Go back to the bridge then de-activate the A/P and set the craft down in the water.
  6. Once the systems shut down, exit and swim over SC1. Then enter it from the water. You would need to use DIE (ALT+O) mode 3 to target SC1 (go to GND mode) and then press / when close and facing it. Now you're in SC1, when the CC goes down, you can probably leave the planet. In mp, you'd want to use this method to return to a station or starbase and get a new CC or ride home.

Another variation. At step #7

Prior to ditching the CC, you can send all your personnel to the transporter and beam them to the water (only 10 at a time. Once you've beam them all off the ship, ditch it and exit as indicated above.

What would happen if you tried variant 2, but used the shuttle to tow your CC back to base?

Could you force a reactor restart by parking the CC right next to a station, boarding it, and docking with the station?

I'm going to try this next time I play:

I'll park my ship somewhere safe, load up all of the radium onto the shuttles inside the flight deck...then leave.

I'll do some trading with a shuttle then come back when my entire crew is dead and go fly that ship myself.

If someone tries to board me, I'll just hop out of the ship and run away.

Visit Obsidia...try to tractor out the probe...

I tried it with my EF Pilot, Rick Hunter...

Well that went well

Patient is in a coma from repeated attempts to rescue a crashed probe in a hostile enviroment. Delusional dream state commences

Well, I wrecked both shuttles, but I can rescue that probe with this magic flying bicycle!

"Rick Hunter was shot down today while attempting to fly a bicycle"

There are no plans to add a "Bicycle" class fighter into BCM

But seriously, I'm not even sure you CAN get that probe out of obsidia, my attempts have failed...maybe you'll have better luck. But take something BIG.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

I believe it was always one of Resnig's life dreams to find the surface of Saturn...I'll loan him a shuttle and see how far he makes it.

Damn Resnig letting intruders shut down my flight operations for minutes on end...*grumble*

quote:

Originally posted by Fox:

I believe it was always one of Resnig's life dreams to find the surface of Saturn...I'll loan him a shuttle and see how far he makes it.

Damn Resnig letting intruders shut down my flight operations for minutes on end...*grumble*

Heck, beam him to the surface

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

But seriously, I'm not even sure you CAN get that probe out of obsidia, my attempts have failed...maybe you'll have better luck. But take something BIG.

Have you tried kicking the transporter?

How about hitting your Tactical Officer with mind bullets (look around the net for "Tenacious D") until she forces the transporter to beam it in?

• 6 months later...

Go to obasida, then enter the flux that goes to the supernova. OTS the planet .. sit around and check if anything happend if not then random the planet. Then scan it and see if anything happens.

If nothing happens go to obasida, save the game (not quick save) nuke the probe, wait and see if anything happens-- if nothing reload game then random the probe. Yet again wait and see if anything happens.

---

When waiting to see if anything happens be sure to scan the planet and surrounding space, beam a team down to the planet, send out a fighter to see if the pilot goes nuts, check for cloaked ships ect. If anything odd happens at all post about it here.

--

BTW if you see TWO probes on obasida then try and capture one of them. Get into a fighter and go down to the planet and chase that sucka, (im sure it will flee) disable it then tow it into space.

[ 07-31-2002, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Carl Burning ]

Hm... Been a while since the Supremacy's toured the Obsidia region.

IIRC, there's one that appears to be trapped in the ground, and there's another one that flies around the atmosphere of the planet. Unless this has been changed, or my memory is going bad, this should be correct.

(19 posts till I hit 1337 (l33t). w00t!)

I couldn't detect anything in TacOps from orbit except the one in the ground, and then when I pushed it up from the ground it was impossible to do anything to it. Can anyone confirm a second probe in Obsidia? I dont want to have to navigate those flux fields AGAIN (although it is a good excuse to take out some Syrion bases).