GCV Vigilance Logfile 2090 *possible spoilers*

Guest $iLk

Heh, you've had some traffic in your pages $ilk

quote:

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

http://www.geocities.com/c_ooper/2090Log.htm

Yeah the problem I was reporting with Tacops in Stargazer is the one I emailed you the save game to and you were able to fix it in the 1.0.0.3 patch I believe. I think it was wrong planet name in a certain file was causing choppy framerates. It's in the VCF, glad I had contributed something.

I'm going to keep exploring, I'm dividing my time between handing out ass-whippings on Aliens Versus Predator 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Medal of Honor Allied assault, and BCM.

quote:

After recovering from these losses and placing prisoners in the brig, I began a survey of planet Stargazer. I am uncertain what caused it, but my Tacops computer wouldn't function correctly, and any vessels I attempted to send to the surface couldn't be controlled adequately.

I, too had experienced that TacOps malfunction in my vessel at first. It was corrected in the v1.0.03 patch recently issued out by GalCom (and all newer patches).

Hm... I still have yet to file my reports.

• 6 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

It ain't workin'

EDIT: Whoops, it is now, hehe. Nice. Did you try tractoring that probe, or is that impossible?

SPOILER?:

Shuttles seem to be able to land in Obsidia without damage, but all other craft steadily lose armor and hull integrity w/o hurting shields until they explode. I managed to fly a shuttle under the probe, switch to VTOL, and PUSH the probe up to about 30000 feet, but as much as I tried with the shuttle and CC (Stormcarrier), i couldn't get a tractor lock on it. I ended up getting tired of it and shooting it with my CC (probe went BOOM!).

I could only get through those flux fields in a shuttle. I left my Super Cruiser on Droia, and when I got back from collecting my cargo from the mining drones I left on Arima, then selling them, then going to Obsidia, then Stargazer, then back to my CC on Droia, the stupid thing was disabled. I guess I shouldn't have left it on the surface. Oh well. After towing it into space then getting it docked to the station at Droia, I couldn't repair anything there, so I just left the station, hopped out, and blew up my CC. It said I was killed in action and I was 30 or so km from my CC when it blew up. lol

Also, if your looking for a small vacation, if you can get to it, and the people at Droia don't hate you, you might find the scenery nice there.

It could have been MIA...then again, I didn't pay much attention, since I've seen that screen at least 50 times before.

But at least I got to see Obsidia and Stargazer. Next career, I will keep all my drones on the ship and try to take "Mineral Samples". Maybe I'll find some minerals worth some money. Only playing will tell.