How well is your game going

Gordon

I'm sticking with 1.0.0.6, no wimp patches here.

I still haven't managed to wipe out a starstation with a cruiser though. Been trying to get my CC to hyperjump to a nav waypoint, but either I'm dense, or it can't. Heheh.

I figure if I can sneak up on the starstation without being a sitting duck coming out of hyperspace, I might actually stand a chance of scrubbing a few of them.

Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

Idaho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did this but im pretty sure it would work if you figured out how to get your cc to jump to a nav point, youd need to set a nav point on the blind side of a station beleave me iv tried assulting it every other way..

I tried upgradeing the shielding and armor on a warmonger, if you do this sometimes you can get close enough to the station so it cant fire on you. you better pray you actually capture the station, other wise the fighters it launched will chew thro whats left of your warmonger

[ 03-05-2002, 16:13: Message edited by: xierxior ]

Heheh, I got waypoints down, just can't make my CC hyperjump to one.

If it can be done, I'll figure it out, been busy starting a 3rd new character.

Idaho

[ 03-05-2002, 17:57: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

Heheh, I got waypoints down, just can't make my CC hyperjump to one.

If it can be done, I'll figure it out, been busy starting a 3rd new character.

Idaho

You should know that you can only jump depending on the distance to the target. If the distance to the waypoint is too close, you won't jump.

To have your CC follow a waypoint in space for example:

1. create the waypoints in Tacops (for the CC)
  2. give your CC the Resume Waypoints order
  3. turn on the AP
  4. sit back and enjoy the ride

You can even see the waypoint markers and the distance to the current one, from the HUD. And you can cycle the waypoints (check your keyboard sheet) just like normal targets.

And if you want to go around a planet to a target on the other side, without accidentally doing planetfall, set Tacops to a top-down view (numeric 5 key), zoom in (Tacops keyboard zooming commands work best. check the manual) to where the planet+target are, then set several waypoints which form a route around the planet and to the target.

Simple aye?

[ 03-05-2002, 19:43: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I just captured some insurgant base, just another station capture you say? well it was until 15 fighters seemd to have come outa no where chaising me, I had the T.A shield good thing they got my shielding down to 10.. I have no idea why so many fighters came after me never had it happen before.

see screenies

http://outgun.com/scripts/photoalbum/image...OriginalImage=1

http://outgun.com/scripts/photoalbum/image...OriginalImage=1

Hey SC,

Thanks for that 'step by step' (especially about the F5 for topdown view in Tacops, I'll have to try that). It'll be a great help for 'expanding' the feel of this universe being able to arbitrarily PICK where I want to come out of Hyperspace.

Seems the only thing I HADN'T tried was setting the CC to 'resume waypoints' for orders.

Can you tell I'm excited? That Insurgent base around Eori (if I recall correctly) should be worrying now, cause it's days are numbered once I master this.

(Can you tell I owe that base a few?)

Idaho

[ 03-06-2002, 02:43: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

Without the Resume Waypoints order, the craft won't fly any waypoints. Giving that order and turning on the AP is the same as setting waypoints for a fighter and then launching it. The fighter pilot automatically initiates this order if it detects that waypoints are defined for it.

In fact, you can override an NPC craft's orders by giving it another order (e.g. SAD), then give it Resume Waypoints order later. After performing the order branch (i.e. SAD) it will go back to the waypoint pattern.

[ 03-06-2002, 09:46: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Grayfox,

If you haven't read your private messages,please do.

After I wrote that to you, I took a Garid right "outta the box" stationed in Lyrius over to Lennen to run some tests.I destroyed the Starstation there and all opposition without taking any damage. I used the tactics I messaged you, with some slight variations.

A starstation CAN be destroyed with a single, just launched supercruiser.

I probably could've captured it, but I doubt if I could've held it due to the amount of hostiles in the AO. Might've been possible to hold Station If I would've had Fleet C&C.

PM me if you have any questions.

Just got done with some more testing.took out Pixan with:

Warmonger

Questar

Sunflash

although I did take slight damage with these ships.

[ 03-06-2002, 12:57: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]