How well is your game going

Gordon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grayfox

sheesh what is it with everyone wanting to toast earth?

on a diff note, my game kinda went a tad sour today. not too bad but funny because i found out how much of an idiot i really am.

i smoked this ter/rai ship, and he drops a cargo pod. i send out my shuttle to pick it up, and have the shuttle dock again and i forget about it. weeeelllll next time i docked, i docked at GALCOMHQ and went to buy some radine. so i switched to tradcom and got this big ole message across my screen saying that im carrying items deemed illegal by galcom, and i have been issued a violation, and they confiscated whatever it was that was illegal... or something to that effect.

so here i am, my hand is all white knuckled from being wrapped around the mouse too tight frantically checking my stats to see if i got demoted lol. thankfully not, but they took my stash before i could even look at it

Heh, that happened to me once, and for the life of me, I couldn't recall having taken any cargo aboard recently.

In the end, I figured it was probably Resnig, he probably has a stash of that illegal tobacco...(which would explain a LOT of things).

CMDR Idaho: "Resnig, you're demoted to Asst. Janitor."

Resnig: "Huh? Why, sir?"

CMDR Idaho: "You're supposed to share that stuff."

Idaho

[ 03-02-2002, 11:30: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

so here i am, my hand is all white knuckled from being wrapped around the mouse too tight frantically checking my stats to see if i got demoted lol. thankfully not, but they took my stash before i could even look at it

LOL!!!

Time for an update since the release of 1.0.06

Date: 4/4/3010

Time: 23:41

Finances: 3,484,045,998

Inventory: 57,951,650

EP's: 206,166

As you can see I have spent most of my time doing trade runs with an occasional visit to various planets for some bomb runs. I currently have all artifacts, except those needed for Random since my crew is still dumb as a stump they're not necessary yet. I fly a MK3 and currently can stay cloaked for over 16 hours so I guess it's time to pay a visit to some hostile stations and see if I can pursuade them to let me have their station for my very own.

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto

Doesnt that radiate your crew when you stay cloaked for so long???

From what I remember your crew will get radiated if you were to stay cloaked past a certain amount of time, just don't remember how long before it happens. I usually won't stay cloaked for more than 10 minutes at a time, but at least I will not need to fill up for quite a long time. And if need be I can always sell some of it for a profit.

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

Doesnt that radiate your crew when you stay cloaked for so long??? It should do.

When it gets over 100%, they slowly get radiated. I usually try to keep below that, but you know how it is when you're deep under cover in enemy territory.

Guest M J OConnor

I have been nosing around these forums since I pre-ordered BCM last Sept. Just this week got up the nerve to create a sig and go 'public.' I am one of the lucky ones that got a FREE poster map of the Galaxy with the game. Very cool . I am working with version 1.0.5 sp1. I have spent many frustrated hours with lock-ups and CTD's. I thought it was just me. Example; last night I played for a couple of hours with out a hitch, saved normally and went to bed. Today I could not get that save or any other save to stay running. They would all start and immedidately lock-up. I finally started a training mission. Then exited training and went to restore. Now every thing is fine. If it is my set up, or something I have done I would love to have someone straighten me out. I just love this game.

My update: Fresh character started with 1.0.0.6 patch, (not 1.0.0.5 compliant).

Date: 4/5/3010 03:31hrs

Finances: 976,366,697

Inventory Value: 135,851,475

Asset: Sunflash

Scenario: Roam

EP: 340,908

I've been trading up a storm, and making bombing runs in between. (Luna is Insurgent free!). It's a lot more work now, but it's also a lot more fun!

I have the four artifacts I know (or hope) work on my ship, (JAC, ORB, ENM, and PAD).

My crew are still pretty stupid. Especially Resnig, who has yet to break 20 for AI.

I've gotten no medals.

I'm about to set out after a starstation. I have to try to take one out in a cruiser, since I heard it's impossible.

I love doing the impossible.

"I don't believe in a 'no-win' scenario." -JTK

Idaho

[ 03-03-2002, 15:08: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Damn, in XP1, I have got to make it harder to achieve SC rank. It seems GALCOM is giving away ranks to every two bit yahoo cmdr these days.

Two bit commander?

Wow, I didn't know you thought THAT highly of me.

And you don't have to make it harder on my account. You've made it plenty hard, I'm just persistant, and have a LOT of free time to play.

Was looking at the screenshots for XP1, and gotta admit, it set me to drooling.

Idaho

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Commander:

It seems GALCOM is giving away ranks to every two bit yahoo cmdr these days.

Ouch!

Just one thing SC, I took a look at the appendix, I should not have made the rank of Supreme Commander until I reached 250,000 EP's as you can see I'm barely over 200,000.

Realizing Im a nobody, and the value of my opinion is only the sum of my posts indicated on the bottom bar, Im going to make one anyway. (..On with the jockstrap and breastplate.)

I hope the SC (salute!) was only being humorous when he suggested that the game needs to be more difficult. When one considers the whole of the simulation, and that must include the difficulty curve (which for this game is a 90 degree upward arc), BCM is just fine and seems well balanced here. Once the complexities are overcome I donÔÇÖt feel one should be rewarded with godlike enemy AI that can kick your ass at every engagement. A fact in which many games suffer from. Duncan is quite likely a very good player. The game is just fine.

Guest Grayfox

its not godlike... not yet anyway just the stations are a bit tougher now, because some people kicked the idea around that they should be. check out some of the earlier posts about AI intruders kidnapping your crew and wierd stuff like that before SC fixed it lol. looked like something out of an outer limits show

Just remember there is ALWAYS a way to get around something that sems impossible. havent found a weak spot in these stations yet, but im a tryin lol