The AI is going nuts !!!

netshaman

Well, was taking a tour just for fun in the saturn zone when i saw a ter/mil station, and i said to myself :"well let's attack these just for the fun !"

So i tell my crew to arm missiles and to attack, but there was no reaction from the station.

In continuation without defense the station was destroyed, and i saw an aestrom in the horizon: cool an ennemy i thought let's go !!!

I told the IA to attack and she...just go nuts !!!

Icredible, in the middle of the path between the aestrom and the BC there was the station i said before, but the IA doesn't seems to turn round the station, she just keep on ramming into the station like a blind !

So i disabled the IA and take the control of the BC manually to attack the aestrom, but i was destroyed by a second vessel which was cloaked just behind me, the first was just here like a lure to invoid me in error, good tactic !

[ 02-10-2002, 09:10: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

He has decloaked or i suppose he was cloaked because i didn't saw him before.

There is another case where the IA goes nuts, it's when i try to use CALS and the ship always crash on the ground, or in the water, in this case i was trying another trick:launch a shuttle go in a second shuttle wwhen the cc is under water, wait the first tow the cc, launch the second shuttle with the AE inside, but (and here is a bug) the AE view stay in the cc and not in the shuttle.

Try going to the log-in page for system profiles and input your name and cd-key.

Once you see your profile copy the URL and paste it in notepad. It will be a long string and at the end something like profile id = (some number).

Find a sig test thread and post. Use the board's URL script function button to get the sig the way you want it. Paste the URL when it asks you for it then type the text you want (Sys Info or Sys Profile). When the board puts the UBB code into your post copy the entire thing and put it in notepad.

Post to see if it works. If it worked go to your profile and edit your sig. Copy the entire UBB code from notepad and paste it in your sig and submit changes. It may take a bit before you see you sig update across the board but it does.

Clear as mud?

Derek's "Procedure" link in the archive forum seems dead but there is another thread around here detailing the procedure. But above is how I did it. May seem roundabout way of doing it but it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing as a commercial caste, I had a raider come down following me. And once playing Ter/Mil I had a fighter chase me onto Jupiter. I think the AI has the sense (in general) to know that atmospheric flight is not it's strong point and that it should keep to space cause they don't come down too much.