Please board me!

Charles Lindsey

I'm cruising around Destiny and Neveula region in a Warmonger. Killing those that target me and watching other battles while I wait for the drones to do their work. Actually I'm getting quite a bit of loot form all the cargo pods being dropped all over the place.

Then suddenly I get seven intruders at once. I set all 10 of my marines searching and launch the other shuttle so they don't hijack it. That shuttle was stil manned from dropping drones.

Well these were crack troops. With the shuttles gone they hung around in deck three aft corridor and ambushed my guys. Three dead. Another three were out of shape and clocked out which left four to battle seven. The remaining four got hurt bad so I sent them to medibay. I sent everyone to medibay. Let them heal and rest up.

Out of the seven marines left I finally got about five in good enough shaoe to go back to searching. They hurt about three of the intruders and managed to actually kill the weak one form the previous fight. But once more they got hurt and fatigued and some of them wimped out so back they og to medibay.

The last healthy intruder must have decided he wanted no part of another sortie and he wandered off to engineering and began beating on the system engineers. So the chief engineer and the systems engineers all get sent to medibay. Turning into quite a party down there. With no one to beat on the last healthy intruder proceeds to sit in the middle of the floor with his legs cross and gleefully starts ripping out wires.

Finally after a bit of treatment and rest the marines were ready to go out again. This time they finally got all of them. I recalled the shuttles, dumped the illegal items, and proceeded to Destiny to collect from the fruits of my labor. I buy upgrades, spare parts to repair engineering that was so casually destroyed, and recruited three more marines.

After launch I instantly got 7 more intruders. I sent the three fresh guys and four of the more rested guys out. This time four dead and two of the new guys were so tired they could barely get back to troop quarters. This time I gave up and just went back to Destiny and had them apprehended. I recruited four more marines and launched again.

I checked the system out and collected a few more cargo pods. Then I hear "There's something out there." Uh oh. I check perscan and I have nine intruders. I throw my hands up in the air and begin muttering curses under my breath. I swear the guys at Destiny must have hung a "Please board Me!!!" sign on the port side when I wasn't looking.