Another Resnig story...

kschang

Okay, here's a Resnig story from yours truly.

*EDIT: Turned into more dramatic format, enjoy.

VESSEL: GCV SAN FRANCISCO

LOCATION: Lennen / Sirius GalCoord 5663288746 @ 3664592985 @ 1095467432

Security Cam Archive Index 36481665

ARCHIVE OPEN

BRIDGE ENTRY SELECTED

PLAY ARCHIVE

Commander's Log: GCV SAN FRANCISCO is patrolling Lennen in Sirius system. Having destroyed the Insurgent base in orbit in a previous sortie, the ship is now waiting in ambush to destroy any Insurgent ships that arrive.

TO: Incoming! Terran Insurgent BC Mk 2 just came through the Seegan wormhole.

FO: Shall we set course for it, sir?

CMDR: Don't bother. Looks like they're coming toward us. And he brought friends.

TO: Confirmed. A Questar and a Violon have appeared from the Polaris wormhole. They look like Terran Criminal faction.

CMDR: Have to take it down all the same. CE, how's the repairs on the tractor beam coming?

CE: Not good, sir. It'll be another six minutes before it's done. I got all 5 engineers on it already.

NO: In 6 minutes the battle will be over.

CMDR: TO, set main gun to 100%, PTA to 100%. Select STS-Sunflash as initial missile. Any one seen CO?

MO: I think Resnig is still in his quarters. You did order him to take a bit of time off, right?

CMDR: I guess I did. *Yawns*

TO: Violon is launching fighters. BC and Questar are HJ'ing toward us.

CMDR: Change PTA to 50%. Put our six to the contacts, then give me a 2-second burst on the retro and go zero thrust. We'll let them overshoot.

FO: Aye, sir.

SAS light started flashing.

MOTHER: Intruder detected.

CMDR: We arleady have 4 marines on patrol, but better not taking chances. *bleep, blurp* All right, got the orders to prep 4 more marines.

BLAMMO!

MO: What was that? I think I'm going to be busy.

MOTHER: Marines reported intruders on deck 3. Light casualties.

FO: BC and QUESTAR coming out of HJ in three, two, one... now!

TO: Firing missiles and matching speed.

CMDR: Excellent. Fire as you bear!

PTA fire starts to rake the BC, and the main guns joined in a second later. BC's shields flared, then died, and the shots started punching through the hull. Three seconds later, BC exploded as one of the shots punch through the main reactor.

FO: Yahoo!

TO: Don't celebrate yet. Fighters coming in.

CO: Intruder alert! Marines ready to repel boarders!

CMDR: Was that Resnig?

MO: Sure was.

CE: Yep.

CMDR punches commands on the console, pulls up marine status display. It doesn't look good. Mother has ID'ed at least 6 intruders onboard, and four of the marines have been wounded, one seriously.

CMDR was about to flip back to combat commands when he noticed all the marines started moving instead of searching.

CMDR: What the?!?!?!

MO: Intruder in Medibay! *laser fire*

CMDR: Resnig! Come in!

CO: I'm a little busy right now! *click*

CMDR: Why, that SOB... *laser fire* Argh!

CMDR takes a laser bolt in the back. Most of it hit the chairback, but he was seriously scorched.

CE: Intruder on the bridge!

CE and others pulled their wristlasers and fired back. The intruder ducked out of sight.

FO: You all right sir?

CMDR: No! *Groans in pain* just take care of those enemies.

TO: Hostile QUESTAR has been destroyed. Targetting VIOLON. Executing evasive pattern delta six.

CE: We need to get him to sickbay.

CMO: With Intruders roaming the corridors? No way.

TO: VIOLON has been destroyed. PTA is engaging fighters.

CMO: Marines are reporting more casualties. At least one dead. I'm getting some orders from Resnig to the marines... Something about the wounded report to sickbay and the rest of marines take over the search duties.

CMDR: That idiot! *grunts in pain* The rest of the marines need to warm up their combat suits! *grunts* If he assign them as is they got nothing more than billy clubs! Oh, that bastard! Get me to the terminal...

CMO: CE, you better watch the door...

CE: Already on it...

CMDR started punching in orders, overriding Resnig's orders to the marines, but the conflicting orders seem to paralyze the marines.

Suddenly the bridge door snapped open.

CE fired 3 rapid shots into the open door. A return shot sent him scurrying for cover.

An object bounced into view.

CMDR turned around and saw the object.

CMDR: *screams* RESNIG!!!!!!!!

The screen flashed white, then turned to static.

END ARCHIVE

---- original post follows:

I was hanging around Lennen / Sirius. I took out the Insurgent station there in a surprise attack (turns out you CAN kill a star station with a Warmonger!) So I've been hanging about to see what enemies will drop in.

I was moving about a bit and engaging the odd enemies when my SAS turned yellow. Intruder onboard! I already have 4 marines prepped for combat and searching, so I set 4 more to prep. The other two were wounded in previous action and were recuperating in sickbay.

And Resnig is supposed to be in his quarters, resting. I sent him there a WHILE back.

I got a lull in combat, so I went to Perscan. We're down to 1 intruder and 1 prisoner, but 4 marines have been wounded. The preps are going along fine.

So I kept blasting enemy fighters, then check PERSCAN.

Then Resnig announced MORE intruders onboard! And he's assigning marines to search duty. Wait a minute, why isn't he at his quarters? Tactical / Crew... and sure as heck, he's in ops! He decided to go to work, and undid all of my existing assignments! Instead of having 4 marines on prep and 4 marines searching (3 now, 1's dead), he sent 3 of those on prep to search duty!

While viewing PERSCAN, my screen flashed red. Someone just SHOT ME on the bridge! I didn't die though... apparently my other officers drove the intruder off. But I'm down to 60%.

There are now SIX intruders onboard, and my marines are dropping like FLIES. 2 are now dead, and 4 are wounded, 1 seriously.

Then Resnig sent ALL the wounded marines (now just ACTIVE, not READY) to medibay, and sent all the UNwounded to search duty (just ACTIVE). I quickly countermanded him, but the orders already went out. Now I have NO prep'ed marines on search.

I was about to issue order to jump back to Lyrius when an intruder killed me on the bridge (finally!).

[ 07-04-2003, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Kasey Chang ]

The minute I saw the topic of this thread, I swear I started laughing.

I'm still laughing.

Now thats the funniest and most stupid think Resnig has ever done. I sure hope you have a saved game!

btw, the VCF has been updated with something you recently encountered and which I promised to find a solution for.

Now tell me, what kind of game gives you this kind of experience?

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

And glad I can contribute to the BC universe.

And we're glad to have you around. Stick around long enough and who knows where you might end up in the higher echelons around here.

I must be the luckiest Commander on the forums. I've never had a problem with the guy. He's never contradicted my orders. It's wierd! I issue all kinds of orders to my Marines and they do their jobs admirably. Not even a peep from Resnig...

Of course, that could also be attributed to the fact that I reassigned him to guard the underside of an APC!

I don't remember if anyone ever had problems with Resnig issuing orders when he was KIA or being cloned. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happened...

quote:

Supreme Cmdr

Now thats the funniest and most stupid think Resnig has ever done.

This from the man who built his AI.

{runs for cover}

This thread (or original post) ought to be immediately duplicated in the archives or something and be required reading.

To anyone who has ever wondered why we hate Resnig; THAT is why we hate Resnig.

Do you even realize how long it took the testers to convince Derek that Resnig was a numbnuts? This guy ain't even the original Resnig. This guy is the improved Resnig.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

Supreme Cmdr

Now thats the funniest and most stupid think Resnig has ever done.

This from the man who built his AI.

{runs for cover}

This thread (or original post) ought to be immediately duplicated in the archives or something and be required reading.

To anyone who has ever wondered why we hate Resnig; THAT is why we hate Resnig.

Do you even realize how long it took the testers to convince Derek that Resnig was a numbnuts? This guy ain't even the original Resnig. This guy is the improved Resnig.

Well to give you some retrospect we are all resnigs to our creator too and don't you think he's tried to fix our AI as well. What, you don't think he's laughing his ass off at us too by now.........

resnig is pretty bad but the thing that shocked me the most is that i have to tell my enttire crew to go eat their food! not only the marines but the OFFICERS TOO!!! How did these people ever make it out of the academy is a mystery, Im beginning to wonder how they made it TO the academy in the first place ..

What do you suppose would happen to you if you left your post without authorization just because you were hungry? You'd get a sharp reprimand, that's what.

As the commander of the ship it is your responsibility to say "go eat" when people get hungry. This is modeled after the military, dude. Subordinates don't even pass gas unless they're told to. So, as the commander, you have to let your people off duty to go eat, even if they are not fatigued. Think of it as break-time or lunch break.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

quote:

Originally posted by Viper2000:

I kinda look like resnig

I do too, he is great for target practice.

Would that be a way of virtually shooting yourself in the foot?
No.

Anyone ever seen Band of Brothers? I get the impression Resnig is a bit like Lt. Sobel.

Ie. Dragging them out of bed and making them try and fight off armed intruders in their underwear with nothing but yesterdays sweaty socks as a weapon. Wanting his team to be the best but a complete combat incompetent.

Either that or he's too busy sitting at his console playing pacman to take note of what his team is kitted out with or doing at the time.

*INTRUDER ALERT- INTRUDER ALERT*

Resnig: *muttering under breath* "Ah not now, i've almost finished the level"

Crewman: "Sir!! We must do something"

Resnig: "ARGH!! I lost a life," *quick glance at his perscan console* "... um OK get those 4 to take them on, they aren't doing anything" *goes back to playing*

Crewman: But they aren't even dressed!

Resnig: "not my problem, they're probably just being lazy ..." *oblivious the fact that 2 of the people he just assigned have just been shot* "YES!! I got a power up!!"

Well the infamous Resnig strikes again. We came across a race of Molecular changing aliens. Resnig went down as a diplomat. Needless to say they had a heated argument over something and Resnig flipped them the bird and they very displeased with this changed him into a form that would best suit his character

resnig1.jpeg

On the down side the aliens promised they would change him back once the dogs are done doing their buisness...

*Note there are no such aliens in BCMG (well not that I know of) they are used just as vehicle to pick on poor Resnig

[ 07-14-2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]