More intruder stories...

kschang

Decided to do a bit FURTHER roaming... Went all the way to Cyron. Decided to take out the ODS there, to tease the defenders out.

Two fighters came out to play... But I can tell there's a cloaked ship nearby. I started random backward/forward movements, but apparently it's not enough. Three intruders got onboard while I took out the two fighters.

Then more reinforcements arrived. In quick succession I took out a BC Mark 2, more fighters, and more fighters. Some neutrals jumped in to attack the station and/or the ODS.

I found a change and disabled a Gammulan fighter. with Intruder onboard I can't afford to launch a shuttle, so I towed it myself, and set course to go back.

By this time, all the intruders are gone, but that cloaked ship managed to send in 3 MORE intruders. One of my marines were slightly wounded, as I HJ'ed back to Pravis.

At Pravis, I set course to the star station... it was neutral before, so I thought I can dock...

When I got there, it won't let me dock! Then enemy ships arrived... And I have no shields... And those 3 intruders are wrecking BLOODY havoc onboard. One by one my marines went down, including one guy who's all the way up to 25% AI! I quickly set course to Rinaal, and HJ to the jump gate. A BC block my way, but with a bit of retro it didn't lock on, and I destroyed it without taking much damage.

Through Rinaal, nothing there, I took out the TER/INS station there before. Continue to Hadar. The intruders are still going... I'm down to FIVE marine dead, 2 seriously wounded in Sickbay, 2 being preped. The ship's deck 1 is flooded with radiation. Then the primary life support went offline while I HJ to Hadar. Those intruders are sure busy!

Right about then Resnig and the rest of the crew that were in their quarters decided to come back on duty.

I finally made it to Hadar and QUICKLY docked at the station (after taking out 2 more fighters)... Repair, repair, repair! That took almost an hour... But the ship is back to normal.

Story continued... Decided to go back to friendly space as I'm getting LOUSY marine recruits... I mean... less than 10% AI?

Any way, started heading back to Earth... Hadar, Tyrus... I paused at the jump gate as there's some enemies at the other gate.

Then the SAS started flashing! Six intruders gotten onboard. I quickly set course for the next gate. Care to guess where Resnig is?

SC1. I assigned him as SC1's pilot. He's better than most too... Any way... The intruders are all over the ship... and my marines are closing in... One or two got hurt, one or two died... We're down to two... And they got into Shuttle 1...

Right into Resnig's sights.

Resnig took out one, and is down to 62% himself. He then exchanged fire with the other intruder, and his health dropped... and dropped...

Resnig was down to 1% health (no kidding) when the other marines arrived and the last intruder gave up.

Darn, I was hoping I'd be rid of Resnig!