I found a bug! No, it is just cloaked!

Fiver

So now that I have a solid grasp of the game, have blown the living daylights out of several stations, staged a ground assault and done a little training all while mining a moon somewhere, it is time to start fresh with my newfound experience.

I select my Warmonger, buy some radine and shield juice and head out. Suddenly fighters appear from nowhere. I am near a jump gate, so that was the obvious source, but the spawn location still seemed wrong.

After blowing away the fighters, I keep hearing "Warning... acquired" and "This does not look good."

Yet my scope is clear. Is this a bug? Where are those missles coming from? What is that ship appearing before me and why is it so big? Didn't someone mention somewhere that a cloaked ship means a high AI?

So this is what the afterlife looks like.

RIP Commander Set of the starship Loki.

Cloaked ships are nothing more than an annoyance, since you can't lock onto them. However, if you are near one they almost never turn their PTA off. PTA will only irritate the skin, as it were, but it gives away their location. You can't use targeting to get a target lead designator, but IOD is tracer-like. Just shoot for the middle of the little flashes of lightning that is the cloaked ship being revealed by it's own pta.

When you are in a situation like that keep your eyes peeled and look all around you for that tell-tale spark. Whatever you do, don't sit still and always EMD when you hear a launch.