War Stories

Matt Steudl

i made this thread so that i can hear of people's war stories, and of course post mine...i'll start with one of my first ones, this comes all the way from BC3000AD.

it was a seemingly fine day sitting outside a science caste spacestation. my ae sipping his coffee...all of a sudden there is a mercenary group trying to raid the station. sa any sane commander would do i raised shields and set the iod strength to 70% (good power-and-speed setting on 3000AD i've come to find) and i engaged, trying to protect the nearest space-station that hadn't been destroyed, or just wouldn't let me in.

well, the warmonger got destroyed and a few fighters were claimed by nightwing, lace and the rest of my pilots and the others of the group has got taken down...come to find out there had been thrice as many cruisers cloake, waiting for any response from me and the spaec station. it was a hard fight, i kept my SEs on call, my FEs ready just in case and the medics ready to fix up anyone who needed it. after engaging about 10 or so ships successfully i had come to find that my preformance was detiororating due to a damaged reactor. i threw all the SEs i had at the problem and they fixed it. the only question was 'how the #%$& do i get back to the science guys to get my ship fixed!?'

i did this by deploying a medic and my ae into shuttle 4, which had barely been snafu-ed and limped back with the shuttle carrying the cruiser.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt Steudl:

i made this thread so that i can hear of people's war stories, and of course post mine...i'll start with one of my first ones, this comes all the way from BC3000AD.

There is already a war stories thread. Please find it and post in there. This thread will be deleted by tomorrow.