Deadly AI in Universal Combat

JCMan

I had the most incredable thing happen to me in UC today....

So anyway I had just arrived at Wrath station in my Firestorm Super Carrier when I was trying to dock with it. Suddenly I heard "Destortion feild detected!". I had my shields set to 0% to save energy and all my guns powered down. I thought to raise it to 25%. Big mistake.... Suddenly tons of PTA turrets were shooting at me, Wrath, and anyhing else in the area when 1 BCMKII uncloaked. I thought "You hurt my hull by 1%....Now you die you foolish sucker....". Well, he launched all his fighters, and I did the same. Suddenly more PTA turret fire from nowhere and I thought "What?!?". But Wait..... even more PTA turret fire!!! "What is going on here?!?!?!?" I thought. "It cannot be!!!" I exclaimed as I watched 4 more BCMKII uncloak, target Wrath, and completely annihilate it...... Too bad for me all 4 of the nmes lauched all their fighters after they killed Wrath..... But thankfully before wrath was destroyed it launched a huge wing of fighters, cruisers, and carriers. Well, I was mad because Wrath is the only station that I know of that has an inflation level of 29%..... I charged guns and shields to full...."Now YOU will pay for makin me lose MY payday!" *BOOM* one fighter down, *BOOM!* I watched a friendly carrier blow up in front of me, *BOOM* another nme fighter down...I targeted an nme carrier when suddenly....*POOF!* the NME carriers were gone! "They must have cloaked again......" I thought, "Lets see now.....", "Distortion field detected!", and with that I had all 4 of them targeting ME at near blank range!!! I cloaked and screamed outta there to narrowly escape a hail of shots so powerfull that it would have shurly destroyed me. I looked at radar to asess the situation....I noticed that we lost alot of fighters and it was down to just me and 1 other carrier.... Just then the nme disabled a friendly fighter, and with that he sent out an SOS..... What a miricle! A friendly attack fleet jumped in just a few seconds later and went right to helping us out! I thought "Well, with hull at 94% how can they stop us now?"....Another BIG mistake.... The nme used cloaking, evade, and fire tactics to completely RUIN my ship, and take out the helping fleet. Finally I managed to kill off the last nme carrier and fighter, but at a terrible cost. We lost Wrath, a TON of Terran military units, and alot of my crew. I saw one of the disabled nme fighters.....blew it up....."Dirty SOB.....Thats right....BURN...." Now I must strike back at guess who? Gammulans..... ALL of the attackers were Gammys....GRRRRRRRR.......so now Im in a repair state on the planet (Did I mention a total of 20 acursid intruders that beamed on board during the firefight running around blowing up the interns of my ship?). Out of all the damage messages I only heard 2 of them: Cargo bay 1....Has been destroyed, Cargo bay 2....Has been destroyed. Well, I lost all my cargo I was going to sell. But hey, thats Universal combat for ya!

Now im going to stab a bloody path right to gamma 1 and random it...then gamma 2, then........muahahahahahahaha......

The first HUGE battle I have ever seen in a battlecruiser game in random NPC generation! Totally impressive SC!!! A true game worth so much more than a megar $20! I hope things go better in the future for you SC so you can continue to make masterfull works of immortal art!

quote:

Originally posted by JCMan:

A true game worth so much more than a megar $20! I hope things go better in the future for you SC so you can continue to make masterfull works of immortal art!

I REALLY hope that SC creates an expansion for UC that has some of the things that were cut, like being able to beam our Marines on to their ships! that would be killer!

I would pay $49.00 just for that ability alone!

$49.99? R U kidding? $59.99 is more like it. After all, there was ALOT of features that was cut! So with an add-on it will be like a whole new game! I too hope for another, be it a add-on or new game!

SC's work is indeed Immortal.....

It will live on FOREVER.....

---Edit Update---

Crap.... The second I go back into space 5 more intruders! Im runnin low on marines! Well, mabie I can get to Galcom safely....only a few jumps...will report progress later....

---Update Report---

Wow, made it back to Galcom. I had Gammulans after me the whole way for some reason. What are they doing striking this hard this deep in our sector? Now that my CC is on earth finishing repairs, and all my mining drones are on mercury (The ONLY place I could reach to mine), I will now take a shuttle and scout out for nme and cargo pods (Man I need that cash!). Right now though Im going to retire for the night....The gammulans are comming....the war has finally begun....

Now all I need is Fleet C&C. Would killing nme grouns bases with a fighter earn me enough for C&C?

Well anyway....Must sleep....it's not everyday you get a day off on nights!

More to follow Later....this may take awhile....

---Edit---

Opps, I forgot to list some of the cut features(Lack of sleep can do that to ur memory). I had been playing these games sence......well.....forever(even though I never registered until now)...but anyway, when BCG (now UC) was first announced I was looking foward to: Walking around inside my ship (and beaming my team and I over to an nme...heh heh...), Starbase commander, Naval, commander, Location tracker for your ship, Walk around inside starbases, walk around inside planetary buildings, ect. ect..

Like I said, a whole new game!