Postcards from the edge

Supreme Cmdr

I towed this gunship into space with me, and as long as I stay near the planet, even after i released the tractor and put up my shields, the gunship kept flying near me, it felt like he was "magnetized". Every once in a while he'd bump into me and go shooting off, but he'd always come back.

http://home.comcast.net/~s.beaudrot/littlebuddy.jpg

Hey! Close that door, it's COLD in here!!

http://home.comcast.net/~s.beaudrot/littlebuddy2.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A panorama of Utopia. Gordon and I explored this place last night during multiplayer. Rather interesting. If you look closely, you can see my Megaron parked out front. The pix shown here is three screen shots, each taken at a resolution of 800x600, stitched together.

Gordon made it inside the station with his command craft while I roamed around in an OC below ... looking for a ground entrance. When I couldn't find an open doorway, I kinda' pushed my way through.

Here's my first pics of a science/exploring adventure. First, I thought I'd stop off at Earth and do some training with my crew. We're on a mission to find interesting things (for pictures) in the vast universe. The first city we landed in, we found something very interesting.

Picture of the city

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/C...UCpics/City.jpg

The "interesting" thing was this one. One marine said, "How do you get in those doors up there?" I said, "Jetpack stupid!"

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/C...eamtraining.jpg

Stay tuned...

Okay, I think this is the first post of two players meeting in multiplayer. That's me (in my "android" outfit) watching Gordon check out the systems on his shuttlecraft. We both deployed mining drones in Alaska, then rendezvoued for a quick beer. Notice it's sunset ... meaning we were off duty.

That large object looming in the background is Gordon's command craft ... properly parked in the horizontal position.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

... properly parked in the horizontal position.

You're turning the knife in the wound.... and with a little salt added...

I hope not.

In any case, it's rather odd that I almost always see another player's craft canted at an angle after planetfall. Last night, both Remo's FC and Gordon's CC looked to me (and I emphasize, "looked") to be sticking out of the ground after landing. Mine, on the other hand, looked just fine to them.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

I hope not.

In any case, it's rather odd that I almost always see another player's craft canted at an angle after planetfall. Last night, both Remo's FC and Gordon's CC looked to me (and I emphasize, "looked") to be sticking out of the ground after landing. Mine, on the other hand, looked just fine to them.

I know whats causing it. It is packet delay. Your craft is handled local to you (client side), so it will look fine. To others - if they don't get enough packets - then the last packet they get will be the point where your ship is pitched up (thats an AP problem I need to fix) but they don't get frequent updates up the point where your craft has leveled out. This packet delay issues (which is what those queue error messages are) are the cause of various anomalies when on the planet (because there is a lot more stuff to send and thus more packets) and its the current priority item being investigated.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I like 'Pretty Lights' with the trees in the suburban-looking foreground.

Yeah I liked that one too. I pity the fool that tries to target and deploy a nuke in this city. You can't see it from these shots but there's an STO silo setting right in the middle of the city just waiting to go active.

His photos are from the new patch that the Beta Team just received. You are looking at a developer that takes pride in his work, considering the price point for this game and the rushed release. He is not only fixing bugs but he is adding content, that's rare these days.

Here is a photo showing just how large these cities are. City View

Guest Remo Williams

LOL! I see a new sport in the future. Where a few Marines jump off the side of a building and see who can wait the longest before engaging on their jetpak.