And they lived on as stardust

onkelarie

Universal combat.... Man oh man, what a game. It arrived earlier this week and haven't stopped reading the manual since and squeezed all my playtime into UC. Oh, I'm new here btw, greetings to everyone:)

Anyway... After thoroughly reading the manual and testing things out in previous days I started off today with the roam scenario. There I was, sitting comfortably in my aestrom super carrier, looking out over the planet earth. I dispatched all my drones and mined the earth for a while. Fighters were patroling the area, just so I'd feel safe on my first steps out in space. Everything went well, no real threats were around me, apart from a little skirmish here and there.

I figured I'd better peek around the corner and try my luck beyond the portal to mars. I pleasantly watched the trip through hyperspace, sent my fighters through the portal and jumped in with the Aestrom as well. Then I set course to Mars to get close to the orbiting ship.

When I arrived I suddenly heard 'Warning', 'warning' and I checked the radar. A hostile Battlecruiser mk2 showed up at the edge of space... far, far away from me. Just to be sure I hooked up the FATAL system and readied 3 missiles. Then I saw it happening: The battlecruiser went into hyperspace, directly towards me. I turned my carrier, aiming directly at the place I expected the battlecruiser to show up. I anxiously watched the meter closing in on me and there he was, right in front of me!

The missiles immediately launched while the cruiser flew right by me, nearly hitting my precious carrier. I turned with it and *BAOUM!* that baby never knew what hit him!!

What an introduction!! Universal Combat truly is an awesome game and I can't wait to explore more, much more!

Welcome aboard!!

And as the SC said avoid gammy's space..... at least until you pack up some EP and got a few upgrades.....

• 2 weeks later...

hm, even the Tau Seti system and its inhabitants were playing with me as if I were an ant or something... I decided to pass through the system, warping from end to end, but figured it wouldn't harm to get rid of a few N-fighters near by. Was I wrong! Within seconds the sector was crammed with BC mk1's, and they appeared just for me alone, how thoughtful of them! I didn't make it to the other end by the way