MP Planet-Ops Inept Marine Adventure

Guest Remo Williams

Guest Remo Williams

Well I ran into Chavik this evening in the game GQ lobby and we decide to test out some planet-ops for creating some ROE for next seasons Fleet play.

Chavik spawned into the game as a Insurgent of course and I as Galcom both of us were EF marines. I entered the game at Ter/Mil SB01 while chavik was at Ter/Ins SB02.

At this point we made our way to the DJP's located at both bases and jump to zone Procon 7 - Ter/Mil City 5 - Portal 1. We both had our weopon's holstered when we arrived! After a bit of small talk about our ingame status I took one more shot of chavik before I ran off into the night. to begin testing our skills in combat.

We both wondered around the city in silence trying to figure out where the other had gone. I used my night vision goggles looking into every crevice and nook but still no Chavik to be found anywhere.

When all of a sudden here he comes running like a mad man from around a corner guns a blazing in the night. I thought to myself this will be easy as I crouched down for my shot. Panic began to set in though as I could not unsling my weapon no matter what I tried. All the while Chavik was moving in streaks were flying by me now closer and closer. When all of a sudden you guessed it Chavik gunned me down in cold blood with out me getting a shot off in defense.

I know what an idiot couldn't even unsling his weapon! Oh well since it was chavik's first time at MP in first person he has now used up all his beginners luck. It gets worst though trust me.

I go ahead and re-spawn into the game but instead of being spawned back at Procon SB01 as a EF marine I find myself now in a carrier in orbit of Procon as a commander, COOL! now its time to kick some Chavik butt I thought anyway.

I assigned about six of my marines to shuttle 1 and went to tacops and zoom down to chavikÔÇÖs position and added him to my priority list (evil grin). Then I set two way points for the shuttle the last of which was Deploy just a few meters from ChavikÔÇÖs position at least I thought anyway. It turned out I had issued the land order and as I watched the shuttle in tacops and it landed not far from ChavikÔÇÖs position my jaw dropped as he ran up to my shuttle and entered it changing the ttd to red.

He lifted off after a few to no avail he had complete control of MY shuttle with six ter/mil marines onboard. I don't know what they were doing my guess is playing cards doing shots as Chavik went on his merry way.

My next thought was well I'll shot him down with one of my fighters. I launched fighter 1 and laughed the whole time it made its way to Procon. Unfortunately Chavik was more at home in the pilots seat than on the ground and did a great job of avoiding the fighter.

After about 10 minutes of cat and mouse Chavik said he would land and let me have my shuttle back so I agreed to call off the fighter. Little did I know landing my shuttle meant ditching it in the near by Ocean and making a swim for it to shore. I already had issued the halt command to my fighter and decided what the hell I'll just send another shuttle to tractor it out of the drink.

Well the story goes on but I'm out of time for now. Maybe Chavik will add his two cents once he sees this.

I can't wait for tomorrow night Chavik its pay back time. LOL!

Well the FIRST time Remo wanted to see my spiffy new base on Procon so he signed in as Insurgent. I popped out by the Command and Control and Remo popped out by the barracks. I made my way to a DJP (#2 I think) and tried giving Remo directions. Those darn bases are BIG so Remo hops into an assault vehicle and drives over my way. I kicked Remo out of the driver's seat and went joyriding myself. After that it was time for a coffee break or something.

The second time went like Remo said except that he far overrated my skill as a shuttle pilot. After I climb in through the cockpit window and lock the marines in the back (plausible deniability) I take off through the trees like a drunken monkey trying to remember all the old manual controls. Well, the poor thing finally shoots off a low rise in a cloud of dust much like the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard and I get airborne. After doing several barrel rolls (imagine throwing a brick) I finally get the craft stable and begin tooling around over the forest. Remo's fighter did manage a few hits on me (in his screenshot). I was going to land and "give it back to him" but at night the water looks amazingly like a nice flat runway.

Needless to say I was stuck. I've seen Derek explain floating a shuttle and taking off before but for the life of me couldn't remember it at the time. The exact instant I decide to go for a swim is when Remo's shuttle arrives and snatches mine away from me. I tried swimming for shore but that was gonna be a no go. We need one of those little personal water scooters.

It was Remo's dinner time so we called it a night.

(5+ year vet runs off to read the manual and tutorial)

For the record, you guys are crazy.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Needless to say I was stuck. I've seen Derek explain floating a shuttle and taking off before but for the life of me couldn't remember it at the time.

Its no different from taking off on the ground. Just press+hold F to increase your altitude and the shuttle will lift off from the water. Shuttles can take off from water, but fighters, cap ships etc, can't; they will eventually sink to the bottom and explode.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

For the record, you guys are crazy.

I completely agree.....what was on your mind BOSS when you put this guys to lead your fleets...

quote:

POST-COMBAT STRESS DISORDER

If you went OMFG!!! or .oh, $^&**(@!!! or .Ho Lee Cow!!! during the

prior engagement, then you are suffering from a condition known as PCSD.

That's what it was. I'm sure of it.

You two ladys need to stop doing my job! Marine Op's are the duty of the marine command sargeant!

hehe! j/k Bossman, Chavik

Chavik can beat you in Marine ops? You seriously need a good run through meh course once I get UC back up

But, you guys ARE crazy!

Guest Remo Williams

LOL! Umm, don't make a mistake there sonny.

Chavik got the draw on me that night due to just a tad of lag on my end.

Ask Chavik what happens when I get a snipers rifle in my hands.

• 2 weeks later...