Debriefing: How I got my assets.. stripped away :)

Guest DocHoliday

Guest DocHoliday

I'm new at this, but I'll give it a go anyway I added some drama for the reader's pleasure but it really happened. And I'm not proud of it either

I was using the unpatched version at the time, hence the huge speed of the jetpack.

I was too frustrated at the time to take the situation as a joke and to take some screenies.

----

Commander Noob Green just jumped into the Venus sector for a patrolling duty. He was slowly getting into the feeling of having his own command. He worked a damn longed time for it, but now that he got here, he felt it overwhelming. The GVC-Saratoga was a magnificient Firestorm class super carrier.

This was his first mission and the ship has performed flawlessly in the last two hours or so since he left GALCOM HQ. The ship encountered a few skirmishers along the way, but they all met their maker. Including the cloaked vessel that had the gull to harass the Terran homebase.

This all gave the Commander a gratifying feeling and confidence. Not to mention the crew.

"Status!"

"Emerging from hyperspace"

Green scanned the radar quickly and noticed a cargo pod floating nearby. He immediately had a shuttle launched to pick up the pod and carry on sweeping. If there isn't anything lying around, there soon will be. Just like before, after he had dealt with the pest in Earth sector.

"Shuttle lauched!"

"There's something out there, sir"

Green swore silently. The officers are supposed to help me, not be a nuisance.

At the same time all screens flickered with static, which vanished the next milisecond..

Green looked suspiciously at the screens, checked the radar, but saw no hostiles.. Just a few transports and a neutral cruiser going about their business..

He opened up his TACOPS screen to get an overview of the situation, but nothing was different there either.

The red alert klaxons started shouting.

"Shields up"

"Launch all fighters!"

Before he could do anything else another Firestorm class appeared right in front of his ship, powering weapons.

"Evasive, turn the damn ship around! Why is the PTA offline?!"

The Firestorm opened a hellstorm of laser fire and lauched a couple of missile, which didn't even FEEL the shield, which was only coming up..

"Shields are down"

"Hull integrity failure"

"Reactor core off line"

"Weapons computer off line"

"Main computer damaged"

The officers kept barking at him. The status lights were all turning red one after another.

Green sat there overwhelmed, shouting shut up! I can't think straight!

Then the only logical solution came to mind. I need to get off the ship. There's no time to evac the others and maybe the enemy will leave my ship alone after I eject. I can take my chances outside and come back later if all's well. Possibly get a tow or whatever.

Without thinking further, he pressed the eject button and found himself in outer space, grasping his Sabre rifle.

After getting his bearings he turned around, looking for his ship.

The Saratoga was moving away at a moderate speed, it's engine section burning and full of sparks.. The PTA system was silent.

Sure enough, the enemy vessel moved away and left the derelict Saratoga alone.

"Good", Green thought. "Now I'll just go back and give 'em hell, when I get some repairs done."

Meanwhile, Saratoga kept flying away. The Commander tried to order it to stop. No reply. The ship kept moving.. Then it dawned on him.. The engines are online. This ship is adrift. No use trying to catch it with this measly jetpack.. The crew is either frantically repairing the vessel or fighting for command. Perhaps celebrating my departure or worse, dying.

"The shuttle!"

He proceeded to locate the shuttle and order it, to fly to him. Sure enough, the shuttle crew obeyed. Greens mouth spread into a grin. I'll get those bastards...

Green oriented himself towards the SC-1 and burned away.

30 klicks..

25 klicks..

Out of nowhere a stream of laser fire appear right in front of Green's helmet.. Green braced himself. This is it, they came to finish off the Commander. I'm gonna die.

Instead, the lasers kept shooting around him. No, not around him.. In front of him. At the shuttle!!!

The laser fire stoped. Green switched on his scanner. The shuttle had been disabled!

"Why those sons of... they disabled my ticket out of here!!!!"

No use going there now.. Okay, back to the Saratoga then...what?! 40 klicks out and moving away!

Green started burning.. At 250m/s.. with the ship moving away at something like 125m/s.. 30 mins of O2... check-mate.

That's it.. I lost my ship.. my crew.. I let them all down. He disengaged his jetpack and kept looking at the derelict ship drifting away...

Sooner or later his shuttle and ship would get towed and sold by someone..

Only one thing to do..

The scanners on a transport 120 klicks away registered a laser discharge.. As it wasn't directed at them, the on-board computer didn't even bother to raise the alarm.

It was just another battle in space, another ship destroyed. And another commander learning his lesson a minute too late and left there to shoot off his head.

Business as usual.

-----

Its always nice to read noob stories,they make you remember how you were back then (@myself:Stop bragging or I'll tell what happened to your shuttle last time when it followed your orders).

Remember:

1)you are a commander so you should leave your ship last.

2)Always take a note of who killed you(race/caste) though you may not be able to do it in some stuations

3)Continue playing and sharing your stories.

Guest DocHoliday

hehe, I imagined some of you might relate to this story.

Yes, the captain goes down with the ship. Lesson learned Don't know what I was thinking...

Why take note of who killed you? To avenge yourself the next time?

So... about that shuttle..?

quote:

Why take note of who killed you? To avenge yourself the next time?

If you dont then it would be some firestorm that decided to attack you for some reason,if you do then you would be a galcom hero that died while fighting the evil gammulan.All about roleplaying really

quote:

So... about that shuttle..?

Do I have to?Im so ashamed

Well briefly, I ordered my shuttle(thousands of kilometers away)full of precious cargo to RTB while I was in the middle of a fight(a tough one) thinking the shuttle was fast enough to safely return ..Advanced,yeah sure