Best Ship Name

Raziel

lets see who has the best name for their ships Toss your name into the hat and then add +1 or -1 to the names already in the hat. (No voting for yourself ) Names with less then -1 are off the list

Hee are mine.

UCV- Price of Freedom(Raziel): 0 Vote

GCV- Return on Investment(Raziel): 0 Vote

GCV- B.A.MF.BC (Raziel): 0 vote

GCV- Acronym Luva (Raziel): 0 Vote

UCV- Errant Judgement (Raziel): 0 Vote

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

I've named my vessel 'Hello Kitty', because I find heroic sounding names boring Plus: imagine how humiliated one would feel being blown to bits by a ship named that!

UCV- Price of Freedom(Raziel): 0 Vote

GCV- Return on Investment(Raziel): 0 Vote

GCV- B.A.MF.BC (Raziel): 0 vote

GCV- Acronym Luva (Raziel): 0 Vote

UCV- Errant Judgement (Raziel): 1 Vote

GCV- Hello Kitty (Arthur_Dent): 1 Vote

ICV- Iwo Gima (Gamminkiller): 0 vote

UCV- Rack n' Ruin (Remo Williams): 0 Vote

GCV- Valor. (Cruis in): 0 Vote

(This list is kinda of like those heal/hurt games you see on some boards. Say +/- 1 to names you dislike or like, or add your own ship name to the list No voting for youself )

quote:

Originally posted by Raziel:

UCV- Price of Freedom(Raziel): 1 Vote

GCV- Return on Investment(Raziel): 1 Vote

GCV- B.A.MF.BC (Raziel): 1 vote

GCV- Acronym Luva (Raziel): 1 Vote

UCV- Errant Judgement (Raziel): 2 Vote

GCV- Hello Kitty (Arthur_Dent): 2 Vote

ICV- Iwo Gima (Gamminkiller): 1 vote

UCV- Rack n' Ruin (Remo Williams): 1 Vote

GCV- Valor. (Cruis in): 1 Vote

and I enter

UCV- Shipoffools (jamotto): 0 Vote

ICV- Black Blade (jamotto): 0 Vote

also I think Carl Burning submitted Rack n' Ruin?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Raziel. I'm going to take the liberty of updating this list again for everyone.

Originally posted by Raziel:

UCV- Price of Freedom(Raziel): 1 Vote

GCV- Return on Investment(Raziel): 2 Vote

GCV- B.A.MF.BC (Raziel): 1 vote

GCV- Acronym Luva (Raziel): 2 Vote

UCV- Errant Judgement (Raziel): 3 Vote

GCV- Hello Kitty (Arthur_Dent): 2 Vote

ICV- Iwo Gima (Gamminkiller): 1 vote

UCV- Rack n' Ruin (Remo Williams&Carl Burning): 1 Vote

GCV- Valor. (Cruis in): 1 Vote

UCV- Shipoffools (jamotto): 0 Vote

ICV- Black Blade (jamotto): 0 Vote

ECV- Stormhammer (Teknocack Prime): 0 Vote

ECV- Oppression (Teknocack Prime): 0 Vote

If anybody cares, I believe if you put your name in the hat OR vote you should re-publish the list. No throwing your name in the hat without updating. I have also added Carl Burning into Rack n' Ruin with Remo if no one has any objection.

What does everyone think of a two or three name limitation. This list may get too cumbersome as it is. Raziel, you of course are excepted being the thread starter.

I use XYZ-Aneres. The 'XYZ' changes depending on the my caste, and the 'Aneres' is my infant daugher's name (Serena) backwards.

(p.s. I originally wrote it as XXX-Aneres, but I didn't want any of you to get the wrong idea )

I captain an Aestrom class carrier christened the GCV-Constellation. I named her after a frigate that saw service in the American Revolution. I was aboard the original Constellation when I was a kid and it made an impression. These days she's anchored in the inner harbor in Baltimore, so if anyone wants to see her it's still possible.

quote:

Originally posted by sainta117:

These days she's anchored in the inner harbor in Baltimore, so if anyone wants to see her it's still possible.

I thought the Constitution was the only Revolutionary War ship still kicking around. Good to know.

I use all sorts of names for the various careers I have running at one time. My "main" career is always named Psirat and his vessel is usually Psiclone (Super Carriers), Psiwind (Heavy Carriers), or Psiber (Cruisers).

If I'm Droidian, it's Psilon, of course.

Actually, I did some research just now and discovered that apparently the Constellation in Baltimore is NOT the original. Evidently somebody from the Navy recently found evidence that she was broken up and rebuilt from the keel up in 1854, which technically means that she was a different ship. I know that the Constitution is still afloat, but she dates to the War of 1812, having been launched in 1797. Despite her questionable origins, I figured that the celestial symbolism of the Constellation's name was more appropriate for a starship.