New shots at Worthplaying.com

Supreme Cmdr

wow dude, the Phantom gunship is great, looks like a decendant of the commanche. I love the shot of the sub, with the gunship next to it. I've made photo023.jpg, my back drop! Osprey sub, jammer, stagner sub, Legionnaire sub... that was pretty dam exclusive if you ask me!!

Yeah, Jason modeled it as a cross between an Apache and a Comanche.

As for the ADJ, thats going to cause some serious headaches because when active, it prevents any missile from locking onto any unit within the mzone. Which means that you have to find it manually and take it out either from the ground or by firing rockets at it (assuming you survive the area by being that close). It works in concert with the ADS (shield) which protects the area while the ADJ just jams radar signatures.

The subs are all new player controlled units which are just another form of CC. The Legionnaire is carrier class and the other two are cruiser class.

And already someone has started a flame on it. I was tempted to reply his note but didn't as they might have thought it was Derek replying and I didn't want to get him in any more of that.

Great shots! Can't wait for this game, I want to see them pics in motion. I love the idea of Subs as CC. This game gets better and better. Keep up the good work SC and Co.

quote:

Originally posted by LBM:

And already someone has started a flame on it. I was tempted to reply his note but didn't as they might have thought it was Derek replying and I didn't want to get him in any more of that.

Good idea. Don't feed the troll and then they'll just play with themselves.

EDIT: Yep, it was our Australian nutcase alright. Comment removed. This git doesn't realize that all it takes is for one site to match is IP address to other sites where he does this and he's gone. I don't get it. Nobody can be that dumb.

[ 02-11-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

Anyways, what weapons will the subs have? PTA lasers? Torpedoes?

For now, just torpedo-like missiles for naval targets and ICBMs for land targets.

I am tempted to give them PTA turrets (its just a matter of adding the tags) but I am still undecided and am 99% certain that I probably won't.

The carrier class Legionnaire sub (the other two are cruiser class) also have manned submersibles which take the role of fighters, but for naval engagements. They also have shuttles; this way you can also leave the sub and deploy marines on land etc.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Very nice indeed, but the subs don't look very much submerged ...

Picky picky, I think the shots are excellent SC. Haven't looked at the all yet will do so today.

Add yourself to the list of people who mostly ignore his posts. The subs are not fully submerged because I needed to take an aerial shot. Too deep and I won't have good shots.

Look's like the first target will have to be the adj's, another tactic for the soup!!

I wonder how fast those Legionnaire subs will travel at, or better still what kind of radar profile they will have. I'd love too run into an insurgent harbour and launch a nuclear attack from a kilometre out....hehe, call me evil

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I am tempted to give them PTA turrets (its just a matter of adding the tags) but I am still undecided and am 99% certain that I probably won't.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Very nice indeed, but the subs don't look very much submerged ...

Picky picky, I think the shots are excellent SC. Haven't looked at the all yet will do so today.

Add yourself to the list of people who mostly ignore his posts. The subs are not fully submerged because I needed to take an aerial shot. Too deep and I won't have good shots.
Thanks SC I'll take that advice.

On the PTA on sub issue, it would be handy for defence (like on a BC). For years since I first played carrier command I have dreamt of a Submarine based version of that game - BCG looks like giving me that chance -

SC you do realise you are allowing me realise all my child hood dreams!

quote:

Originally posted by Rosko:

Look's like the first target will have to be the adj's, another tactic for the soup!!

Then the ADS etc

quote:

I wonder how fast those Legionnaire subs will travel at,

atm I have that one at 20m/s, the Stagner and Osprey at 22 and 25 respectively.

quote:

or better still what kind of radar profile they will have. I'd love too run into an insurgent harbour and launch a nuclear attack from a kilometre out....hehe, call me evil [/QB]

They have AIR and GND capabilities for tracking targets. But I have to implement special case handling for them in order to make them more stealthy so that they are not visible in the GND radar of air/ground crafts.

There is going to be a new NVL radar filter in Tacscan for detecting naval units. However, in the case of subs (not other naval units such as aircraft carriers) you will never see them on radar unless they had active radar turned on (which they would need to do when target searching). And with the special anti-naval missiles, once you get a lock and launch, even if they go passive, the missile still has a chance of hitting it.

I'm not putting in subs just for the hell of it. The plan is to make them powerful, hard to detect and kill (depending on user expertise) due to their limited engagement theatre (i.e. some planets have less water mass thereby restricting movement).

Operating just like regular space craft carriers the carrier class subs have marines as well as dual-role fighters (Wraith and Vanquish) which can operate under water and in the air (like fighters).

Naval bases fill the role of star/station bases for subs for repairs etc (no trading or mining allowed for subs).

quote:

On the PTA on sub issue, it would be handy for defence (like on a BC).

Subs are meant to be stealthy. Giving them PTA turrets is not going to provide that. IF I do add turrets, they won't function if the craft was submerged, since they'd only be mounted on the top. Fact is, if a sub is ever detected, its as good as dead.

quote:

Subs are meant to be stealthy. Giving them PTA turrets is not going to provide that. IF I do add turrets, they won't function if the craft was submerged, since they'd only be mounted on the top. Fact is, if a sub is ever detected, its as good as dead.

The voice of reason as always SC. Still looking forward to commanding one - my career as a Starship commander may be over once BCG comes out.

EDIT: SC I have to ask are you considering the submarines having missiles like todays cruise missiles, so you can sit off coast and blast a base that is further inland. Perhaps supporting a marine assault or something?

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

I have to ask are you considering the submarines having missiles like todays cruise missiles, so you can sit off coast and blast a base that is further inland. Perhaps supporting a marine assault or something?

To Answer your question

quote:

quote:

For now, just torpedo-like missiles for naval targets and ICBMs for land targets.

Juan

quote:

Originally posted by Fermin:

To Answer your question

quote:

quote:

Juan
Ooopss stupid me thanks Fermin for pointing out my short sightedness. Sorry SC!

This way to the airlock right?

BCG looks even better than i thought... the graphics look amazing!! Also, something that i have noticed is that screenshots dont show the whole potential of graphics... When i saw the screens of hegemonia i wasn't overly impressed but when i got to play the game i was blown away.

Again, these shots look great and this is surely a game i will buy. In fact, i still play BCM in a regular basis.

quote:

For you wallpaper junkies

Excellent shots SC.

Note to self stop checking this site in work - I have to pay to replace my keybaord if its 'water damaged'

DDDdddddrrrroooooooooollllllllllllllllllll