Battlecruiser - The legacy units

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

But why isn't the multitexturing on the planet enabled like in some old shots? Or maybe it is, but it can't be seen at that distance, like the terrain.

You mean detail texturing. It is only enabled when up close because thats when its needed in order to reduce the pixelation bluring.

Guest Fox__Trot

I plan to go down with my ship and if i have to die on my ship you can sure as heck bet all the women and children are going down with me!!! oh yeah nice screnshots btw are those taken with a radeon or an nvidia card?

Very sweet SC. I love the light cast on the hull from the internal/ship lighting and the new con trails are very sweet.

But a question. Have a look at:

BC MkIII

Does the bridge/cockpit look slightly of line to the rest of the ship in this shot(and some of the others) or do I need to change my glasses?

quote:

But what's up with that escape pod? There's nobody in it!

LOL!! I know

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Does the bridge/cockpit look slightly of line to the rest of the ship in this shot(and some of the others) or do I need to change my glasses?

I have NO idea what you're talking about

quote:

Hehe, about that empty escape pod, Resnig probably hit the eject button as the commander was about to sit down, sending the chair thru a hole in the roof and causing the commander to fall down on his rear.

LOL!! I wouldn't put it past him either

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Looks impressive, but somehow I was hoping it would look like
.. I stil have the v2.0 cd

I'm quite fond of the orignal BCMK3 myself. This new one is a major improvement though over the other two versions of the MK3 IMO. Here is a shot of the BCMK3 from all three games. The one from BCM seems a bit plain compared to the other two. Maybe its just me though.

Excellent work SC! I can hardly wait to take her out and get to work stomping Insurgents!

The one that you have from BC3K is not the model in the game; BC3K only had the MKII. I believe that that was one of the original textures form the BCM version.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

The one that you have from BC3K is not the model in the game; BC3K only had the MKII. I believe that that was one of the original textures form the BCM version.

On second thought I think your right! Its been awhile since I've played BC3K. Thats just a shot I found in the screenshoot section of a site for BC3K. I just went to Powercows tribute site for BC3K and the model looks different. You can see it here and here.

quote:

Looks impressive, but somehow I was hoping it would look like
this one
.. I stil have the v2.0 cd

Well then, you should keep playing v2.0 then, shouldn't you?

Anyway, I have implemented the MK1 into the game and sent some shots over to gamescreenshots. Below are a few shots until they get updated.

EDIT: They are now up at Gamescreenshots.com

[ 01-19-2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

quote:

Well then, you should keep playing v2.0 then, shouldn't you?

That's not what I meant I meant what we see on the box art, that bc is much more detailed than the one ingame, both on the poly count and textural details.

If you were thinking straight, you should know by now that assets for things like poster, box art etc are usually of higher poly count and detail. Which of course, the game probably has no chance of rendering in real-time.

And I give me artists and modelers a specific polycount and texture budget which they cannot piss around with. In fact, the MK1 from BCM is 1058 polys and 584KB of texture memory. The MK1 from BCG is only 1350 polys and 2336KB of texture memory (main, specular, glow texture types). But BCG which has higher system requirements is more likely to not choke in a massive battle with these types, than BCM.

EDIT: All the shots are now up at Gamescreenshots