New UC Movies - Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Derek, where on earth did you get Vanethian from?!!

heh, Italy

The guy is infectiously enthusiastic like you wouldn't *believe*. Its his first game project and man, did he do a kick-ass job. heh, you haven't heard *anything* and most of those tracks were cut short due to the movie length, but he did 14 tracks for the game, in addition to remastering my entire digital sound library, created a slew of all new fp weapon sounds etc etc. I swear, the first time you hear an SP911 being fired, you'll jump. No seriously, you will.

And no, he wasn't cheap either

quote:

Just wondering, will there be any volumetric gaseous nebulae to fly through this time or shall we just wait and see?

Sadly, thats one of the items that got cut from the game due to time constraints. I cut several things actually due to the added time required for this whole BCG to UC switch farce. But when you see the new features in action (e.g. the VTT radar mode, the TOM (Team Orders Menu which can be used in fp mode to send orders to troops, Rainbow6 style, the Priority List Viewer, PLV etc etc), you'll just, well, die. I will be featuring these in the ground combat movies I'm doing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!!! you said Vanethian??? PUFF! Here i am in a smoke and lightning effect

Thank you, Derek!!! Thank you very much for your words!!!

I suggest all of you guys to don't pump the volume too much as soon as you'll start the game or you'll risk to make your building crumble to dust!!! (is correct english grammar? oh well ).

It would be cool to buy an HIFI SYSTEM only for this great game... UC deserves it!!! And if you know a guy who annoys you and you hate him and he lives next to you... what about putting a sub woofer aside his window, at late night, and ... hey, using that fabulous SP911, clicking like a mad??? hehehehe

Universal Combat - good to play, good to use it against jerks!

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian:

Thanks Spindoktor, thanks Jaguar

Ah... Jaguar! You are really a "top man" of this forum i hope to meet you in real life one day! We need to arrange a mega party somewhere... what about Rome? or... better... Sicily?

As far as a "top man" is concerned, I have just been here a REALLY long time...LOL

And I would love to go to Italy again someday, but sadly the wallet is rather constrained right now, but you never know what the future will bring, but I'll come right now if you'll spring for the tickets, 1st class of course!! LOL

Guest rtoolooze

Wow Vanethian, the music is terrific! Damn, wish I had the money to go to Rome or Sicily, I'd love to come over for a party. Just think if everyone here on the forum could come over for a kick ass UC party! What a party that would be!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

And I would love to go to Italy again someday, but sadly the wallet is rather constrained right now, but you never know what the future will bring, but I'll come right now if you'll spring for the tickets, 1st class of course!! LOL

LOOOOOOOOL!!! ok!

I hope I dont get banned for this but about those movies

I know I voiced this concern before, but is this just an upgraded version of BCM? I have some of the forums of the new features, and the game description, but other than engine overhauls and new graphics, it seems to be the same game.

I was hoping to see some features/game play that were new to UC that was not available to BCM (besides the interface) that would convince me to purchase this game. Other than great graphics, it still looks like BCM.

The HUD also seemed to distracting. That is just my opinion. Will it have brightness or color change adjustment so it doesnt seem soummloud?

quote:

Originally posted by Vanethian:

Hello!!! you said Vanethian??? PUFF! Here i am in a smoke and lightning effect

Thank you, Derek!!! Thank you very much for your words!!!

I suggest all of you guys to don't pump the volume too much as soon as you'll start the game or you'll risk to make your building crumble to dust!!! (is correct english grammar? oh well ).

It would be cool to buy an HIFI SYSTEM only for this great game... UC deserves it!!! And if you know a guy who annoys you and you hate him and he lives next to you... what about putting a sub woofer aside his window, at late night, and ... hey, using that fabulous SP911, clicking like a mad??? hehehehe

Universal Combat - good to play, good to use it against jerks!

Greetings Vanethian. As for a HI-FI system here's my little power house JVC Home Theater and I have full sized speakers none of those mini imitation ones for me. Luckily, I live in Manhattan so blasting this reciever is no big deal. Whenever I play my FPS's down to BCMG, the locals just think it's another drug war errupting no big deal. In other words, nobody notices.

quote:

I was hoping to see some features/game play that were new to UC that was not available to BCM (besides the interface) that would convince me to purchase this game. Other than great graphics, it still looks like BCM.

Delta1, the SC just described a couple of new features a few posts above yours. Team orders menu for example. Maybe you don't consider these new features, but to many BCM players these are very much new features that have us excited.

With that said, if BCM doesn't appeal to you, I doubt UC will.

For example, I love the Combat Mission games. The developer just released the demo for the 3rd game in the series. You fire up this new demo and say "Looks like the same game". But thats not a bad thing but its certainly not true once you sink your teeth into it. If its already good, then it only needs improvement, fine tuning perhaps in all areas. It doesn't need to be (and shouldn't be) a "new" game.

UC is similar. Although it seems to be a much greater leap in terms of technology than the latest Combat Mission over its predecessor.

quote:

Originally posted by Delta1:

I have some of the forums of the new features, and the game description, but other than engine overhauls and new graphics, it seems to be the same game.

Rubbish. Not only did BCM Gold have a lot more features than BCM, to even say that UC is the same game as BCM is just braindead stupid. And the game is part of a series (look up the word in a dictionary when you find time), therefore, several aspects will be the same or similar.

Now piss off and go post that crap over on the DC forums. You think we don't know that Delta1 and DeltaBravo (on DC forums) are the same person? The fact that you've posted the same rubbish more than once - and nobody replied - should be a clue I think.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Delta1:

I have some of the forums of the new features, and the game description, but other than engine overhauls and new graphics, it seems to be the same game.

Rubbish. Not only did BCM Gold have a lot more features than BCM, to even say that UC is the same game as BCM is just braindead stupid. And the game is part of a series (look up the word in a dictionary when you find time), therefore, several aspects will be the same or similar.

Now piss off and go post that crap over on the DC forums. You think we don't know that Delta1 and DeltaBravo (on DC forums) are the same person? The fact that you've posted the same rubbish more than once - and nobody replied - should be a clue I think.

Oh boy, another poser eh...

I have just finished editing one of the planetary combat movies.

Let me put it mildly, if this movie blows you away, let me assure, thats *nuthin* compared to what is in the game.

You will notice a TON of new features, the new engine capabilities etc. One thing that will astound you is the new team AI. I'm not even going to describe it. Watch the movie. You will also noticed me using the TOM (Team Orders Menu) to issue orders to not only my team, but also other marines deployed by the base I was stationed at. In this movie, I activated TOM via the DIE but it can be used in the fp view as well.

The firefight in this movie is tame compared to others I've been in while testing.

The movie will be released tomorrow morning at the usual places.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Oh boy, another poser eh...

You think?

What a git. He's posting at the right place now

Ah hah so it was deltabravo. I don't get around much on forums and this is the only forum I've joined and go to. But I have seen what goes on at most of them and just don't want to get involved in all that.

BTW: Not to change the subject (and to save making another post) but I've finally fired up the BCMG on my new 19" monitor. Held my breath as I went and put it up to 1600x1200 32bit. Damn it runs baby smooth better than on my old 15" at 1024x768. As it turns out, my old monitor was definitely holding me back.

quote:

You will also noticed me using the TOM (Team Orders Menu) to issue orders to not only my team, but also other marines deployed by the base I was stationed at.

New 3-letter acronyms abound! WOHOOOO.

quote:

my old 15" at 1024x768

Ewwwwwww.

Welcome to the world of big monitors! I play BCM on a 22" NEC Multisync so I'll probably ruin my eyes from the radiation. But at least my Megaron looks nice.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

You will also noticed me using the TOM (Team Orders Menu) to issue orders to not only my team, but also other marines deployed by the base I was stationed at.

New 3-letter acronyms abound! WOHOOOO.

hehe, you have NO idea how hard I tried to introduce a boatload more in UC; but unfortunately, I only came up with these new ones

Team Orders Menu, TOM

Priority List Viewer, PLV

And Tacscan is now Tactical Radar Scanner (TRS), The CVD is now Visual Data Display (VDD) and the entire bridgeviewer/cockpit area is now the Integrated Tactical Display, ITD.

Then you have inventory items such as

Personal Supply Station, PSS

Personal Shield Unit, PSU

Personal Rocket Launcher, PRL

And last but not least, you can now deploy waypoint markers using the TDU; these are called Waypoint Designator Units, WDU.

quote:

I play BCM on a 22" NEC Multisync so I'll probably ruin my eyes from the radiation. But at least my Megaron looks nice.

LOL!!

quote:

I posted too!! LOL

Yeah, but don't forget our standard rules: Don't play their game. They come and misbehave here, they get tossed. They do it elsewhere, its their problem; not ours. So, please temper your delivery and bear this in mind because it is so very easy to fall into that trap. Trust me, I should know.

[ 11-21-2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

quote:

I posted too!! LOL

Yeah, but don't forget our standard rules: Don't play their game. They come and misbehave here, they get tossed. They do it elsewhere, its their problem; not ours. So, please temper your delivery and bear this in mind because it is so very easy to fall into that trap. Trust me, I should know.

Point taken and understood. It sure was fun to give him a ration though...LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Welcome to the world of big monitors! I play BCM on a 22" NEC Multisync so I'll probably ruin my eyes from the radiation. But at least my Megaron looks nice.

Thanks. It is an early christmas present for myself. Anyway, look on the bright side right before the earth's magnetic field reverses it shuts down and the entire earth is uprotected and all that nasty solar radiation will bombard everything on this planet well that is except those that sit right in front of their 19" or bigger monitors with their enourmous electro magnetic fields acting as a replacement shield.