Blast from the past: Vintage CGW Article on BC3K

Steve Schacher

hey, erm, is that legal? I mean for you to scan and post it?

Anyway, thats NOTHING compared to the 4-page article they have coming out in the April issue. Its going to stun a bunch of folks. Guaranteed. Its based on Jeff Green's visit down here last month.

quote:

is that legal?

I thought about that, but I figured it was so old and no longer accessible, and even though fair use laws allow for copying parts of a story for reviews and commentary, I didn't put the whole magazine on-line, just this article.

Besides, wouldn't you be allowed to show it since it is about you?

Thats the article that started me on this long journey. I think I still have a CD-ROM from Computer Games/Strategy Plus that had an audio interview with Derek about this game as well. About the same timeframe if memory serves.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

is that legal?

I thought about that, but I figured it was so old and no longer accessible, and even though fair use laws allow for copying parts of a story for reviews and commentary, I didn't put the whole magazine on-line, just this article.

Besides, wouldn't you be allowed to show it since it is about you?

Sorry I quoted so much. smile.gif The fact that it is about Derek doesn't let him or anyone else distribute it at will - the copyright belongs to the magazine or author. To the best of my knowledge, excerpting a whole article is infringement.

I'm not getting on your case or anything - god knows I do it to my own articles - just giving you the facts. wink.gif

Guest rtoolooze

Thats a cool article. Believe it or not, I still have an old demo of BattleCruiser from Computer Gaming World. I never got it to run on my system back then though. Made me sad, cause I really wanted to play it. Course I was still in my early years as far as computers go. Hmmm... makes me want to fire it up and give it another try! cwm35.gif