UC Review - Computer Games

Supreme Cmdr

Denny Atkin's 3/5 star review appears in the July issue of Computer Games mag. Another well written and focused review. Its pretty funny in some parts and the hardcore BC gamer will get a chuckle or two.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any way to get him to look at the tutorial? in my opinion, the creation of the tutorial addresses 90% of the critisms i've seen in the reviews[i guess there's no way to get the reviewers to play enough that they become familiar with the interface].

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by map:

[i guess there's no way to get the reviewers to play enough that they become familiar with the interface].

I think it mostly depends on wich kind of magazine we are talking about. There are tons of website/paper magazines wich exists only to say something, no matter what, but there also exists magazines wich require their reviewers to actually finish a game and to be experts in a genre before allowing them to write something. Of course, in an open ended game such as UC, X2, Morrowind (just to name a few) the "play until the end" requirement becomes "play as long as you can".

Just to break a spear defending a selected few who actually care for the work they do, and strive to provide the best service to their customers.