Games In 2004-2005: Derek Smart

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Derek Smart - Someone will break into Valve again and steal the pre-production work for HL3. That should buy Gabe and his band of merryman - oh - another six years or so. VUG will go belly up or be bought out by Eidos. Eidos will be bought out by a conglomerate that specializes in laundry detergent. EA will settle a class action lawsuit by promising to give all the elves it has working in its basements, an hour off each year. The Phantom console will live up to its name; since we'll never see it.

Just the way you word things make my life worth living. Thanks SC!

Definitely good stuff Valve was broken into? I thought they gave the code away...to get it finished

I also firmly believe the HL2 delays were used to make STEAM the colossal pain that it is. Great idea, bad joke, and I am almost sorry for having purchased the game. But--it did say 'Internet Connection Required' on the box, so I had plenty of notice.

If it would have also said....'Note--double clicking on the Half Life 2 Icon may require 10-15 minutes of STEAM Work before you will actually see a game screen' I would have left it on the shelf.

Give me a good 'click and run' game or sim anytime. I like to be in control of when I am 'authenticating' or 'verifying' or 'decrypting' things on my computer.

rvs

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

Well, what about those poor people without an internet connection?

(Don't answer that... should be placed in a new topic entirely.)

Isn't it the same answer for those that want to play WoW?

You're SOL.

But seriously, given the target audience, who doesn't have internet access but has a beefier enough rig to play HL2?