IGDA post-mortem UCAWA write-up

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Actually those numbers are incorrect and I've asked that the article be corrected.

Yeah, it was wicked on the big screen.

So is it more?!?, let's see, 30 bucks a game, X15K Copies, that's over a Million Bucks!, Not including the Manuals!

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Actually those numbers are incorrect and I've asked that the article be corrected.

Yeah, it was wicked on the big screen.

So is it more?!?, let's see, 30 bucks a game, X15K Copies, that's over a Million Bucks!, Not including the Manuals!

Its less, based on the time frame.

Plus, thats not now the numbers work. I don't get $30 a copy because you have to factor in COGs (cost of goods), e-commerce partner cuts (which range from 30% to 50% depending on who it is). I wrote a soapbox article on how the math works. Sure, we make a lot more money with e-commerce digital distribution than with traditional publishers, but without the risk of being stiffed.

ps: We got an offer last week from IGN's Direct2Drive service and the contract should be final by this coming week; which will see the game on there around the first week of October!! That should be a serious sales boost, given the size and exposure of the IGN network.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Wow now thats a big Screen!

Heh, looks like I'm not the only one showing a little gray these days.

Pah! I'm going bald too. Good thing I usually keep my hair cut low. I was due for a hair cut (which I had this past weekend), so my bald spot is a little prominent in one of those shots. But not as bad as my old buddy (and fellow IGDA board member), attorney Tom Buscaglia (the big guy to my right, in one of the photos).

quote:

Pah! I'm going bald too. Good thing I usually keep my hair cut low. I was due for a hair cut (which I had this past weekend), so my bald spot is a little prominent in one of those shots.

Shave it off SC!!! It will add to your mystique.

Just an off-topic side note: My mom started chemotherapy for breast cancer four weeks ago. Rather than waiting for her hair to fall out, she grabbed the razor and shaved her head. She told me the stubble started coming out last week, but she just shrugged it off as "oh well." She's one tough lady.