UCAWA Review - Game Zone

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Now, the big distinction between this game and, say, X-3 is that with Universal Combat, you are the commander of a battlecruiser that has fighter attachments. You donÔÇÖt actually pilot like you are in a solo fighter craft, but rather issue orders.

quote:

This is a game built for a niche crowd. You are not piloting that fighter, making it a personal one-on-one battle, but rather controlling a massive ship that has a crew that follows the orders you give from the command center.

I wonder if he knows that you CAN pilot that figher and make it a personal one-on-one battle...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shows how much he actually played the game before writing the review. He didn't even realize that you can send the AE to the fighter. He probably couldn't fly a fighter anyways if he thinks the main menu of the game is confusing.

Ahhh another review by a person who didn't read the manual and didn't play through the game long enough to see what it can / can't do.

Guest tammgiar

^Yeah, I was kind of put off by the fact that he didn't know you could send your AE to the fighters and shuttles... It really does tell us how much reviewers really play these games.

Was this even a review? It sounds like he installed the demo and played two of the IA missions (a commander and a marine mission) for 5 minutes each.

The fact that he mentions more than once that you can't control your assets directly is clear evidence of this.

Heck, when I first downloaded the UC demo way back, I figured out more about the game than this guy after 30 minutes of play (first of which was to learn how to hop into a fighter). I distinctly remember "spacewalking" after a quick glance at the printable quick-reference sheet, and then learning how to walk "myself" off of the bridge and into a fighter soon after that.

And to think... I wasn't even trying to become informed enough to publish an "official" review on a gaming site!

quote:

Originally posted by tammgiar:

^Yeah, I was kind of put off by the fact that he didn't know you could send your AE to the fighters and shuttles... It really does tell us how much reviewers really play these games.

quote:

Originally posted by tammgiar:

Great news on the milestone. Thanks for the update!

Too bad you apparently either stole someone's credit card in order to purchase UCAWA or you filed a fraudulent claim with Digital River, after having downloaded the game.

Either way, we received notification from DR that they have refunded the card back for the $29.99 charge. As such, I have banned the game's serial number, which means you'll never - ever - be able to play it again if you re-install or make any changes to your system. You've also been banned from the site.

Have a nice day.

code:

Dear Client,

A refund has been issued for order item *snip*

Product: Universal Combat A World Apart (13068-1)

Reason: Fraudulent

The funds have been debited from your account. Support of this product should be discontinued for the customer.

To view more detailed order information, please visit:

*snip*

Thank you,

RegNow Accounts Dept.

http://www.regnow.com

• 1 month later...

The reviewer may have missed some details but obviously has a respect for the game that many others do not. Hats off to that at least.