UCAWA Review - GameSpot

Supreme Cmdr

I read the review. The game is difficult, but definitely playable, and it's realistic because in combat, you can be killed in seconds! Also, the learning curve is steep, but it's for people who like to deal with that, not for people who want to just jump in and play. The review is totally unfair! Derek Smart has done things not seen in any other game and for some reason people don't want to give him credit. I hope this game gets developed for XBox 360, too, darn it!

Sure, this review is far from being fair. The author emphasis the weak points of UCAWA and donÔÇÖt mention the very essence of this game:

-Freedom: Your only limits are the boundaries of your imagination.

-Unmatched scope: Space-Air-Sea, what more a gamer can dream for?

For sure, UCAWA is not perfect, but considering the ambition of the game (scope+complexity) I think its excusable knowing the future release will improve that.

In my opinion, the reviewer misses the concept of UCAWA but in some aspect I share his point of view: the series needs to lose a few features so that its creator can concentrate on improving the stuff that does work.

I mean some compromises in AI complexity will help the gameplay in many aspects (IMHO)

Guest MarlboroMan

From looking at their previous reviews of this series and this one it appears no improvements in graphics, stability, playability, modeling, support or otherwise would result in a fair, let alone "good" review. I'm surprised they spent enough time to figure out what ctrl +g does.

sys info

In the same paragraph that he says the game is for those who wish to play as Picard, he complains that it takes forever to get from one point to another. Warp anyone?

And if thats not good enough, what would be the point of playing in a large galaxy if you can teleport from one point to another. You might as well play in a telephone booth.

• 1 month later...

I agree,

This reviewer obviously forgot that this game is a SIMULATION.

In real space, it takes 6 months just to get to Mars. Outer space is large, larger than the human mind can comprehend. And this reviewer (another idiot) is complaining that it takes a little time to get somewhere?

Awe, the little baby don't like to play with us because in 3000 AD, we still can't travel at light speed.

*hands the baby his pacifier and Donkey Kong game*