BCG First Person

From BCTC:

quote:

12/19/02: Be advised that this product will no longer be released as a separate stand-alone title.

My question is about the First Person element of this game

quote:

BCTC adds one more element to the series' total immersion premise. This time around, the entire game takes place in a full blown first person perspective. The internal structures of all space starstations, planetary starbases, capital ships (carriers, cruisers, transports) are being built in full 3D. This means that from start to finish, you exist in full 3D inside the game. Not just the bridge.

you've ever wanted to walk through your entire ship, interact with your crew (i.e give them orders), view the outside world (space or planet) from your bridgeviewer or porthole somewhere on, say, deck 3 - now you can.

So exactly how is the first person going to be in BCG? Are you going for what you planned for BCTC with BCG or is BCG's first person just going to be updated slightly from BCM?

I'm not really concerned about this if you're doing the full blown First Person from BCTC in BCG, but I've also read in BCO from what it sounds like is going to be a A.) pay-to-play game B.) is going to have the first person feature from BCTC. If this is so, are you going to at least add support for users to host thier own servers as in BCG, just to mess around without having to pay monthly on?

I've read over it a couple of times again and after thinking about what you wrote this finally stands out:

quote:

And if you ever played the previous prototype BCTE add-on for BC3K v2.0x, then you have a basic idea of whats in store with this new engine extension and feature set.

So it sounds like its just an expansion pack (using that loosely) for one of the versions, but now you posted:

quote:

BCTC has nothing to do with BCG - or any BC product for that matter. I could've sworn that this was already clear on that products page.

So it brings me back to this:

quote:

12/19/02: Be advised that this product will no longer be released as a separate stand-alone title.

So could you clear up my thinking? Because now its sounding like you're not doing anything with it? Sorry for being difficult, that all just really enticed me when I read it the first time, so if nothing else are you planning to at least go that in depth with the first person in any of these next versions?

Wow SC you're ontop of things Thanks for clearing that up...

I'm still worried though, so are you or are you not going to go that in-depth with the first person on any of you're games? I was really excited about that!!

[ 05-21-2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Aphelion7 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion7:

I'm still worried though, so are you or are you not going to go that in-depth with the first person on any of you're games? I was really excited about that!!

I probably will but not anytime soon. If you read the BCO faq, you'll see why.

• 4 weeks later...

Well i have a question :

What is BCTC ?

just kidding *jumps off the balcony* *darn,i missed the concrete!* (geez,im so lame today...or anyday...)