More than one asset?

Roff Kaiser

Asset switching is based on class and the commander career can't do it, because he has his own forces.

e.g. a marine can grab a vehicle and run off with it, but he can't fly a fighter. An EFP can grab any type of fighter, but not gunships etc etc

And this has nothing to do with the asset you start the game with because even if you do have one, you will probably end up losing it at some point.

The assets you can use are those found in the game world; so you can't buy one, deploy it and use it.

quote:

Asset switching is based on class and the commander career can't do it, because he has his own forces.

I took in the "Commander career can't do it" literally, even though I'm new I can tell Derek is a very literal person when he says something. When he said "because he has his own forces." I figure where Derek is going with this is that the commander shouldn't have to go into a shuttle and drop off a set of marines because he has AI to do it for him, strings to pull so to speak. That is where my concern comes in, that even though he's got strings to pull it's still nice to have a change in pace from the bridge and go on an away team.

quote:

Originally posted by Arsonide:

quote:

I took in the "Commander career can't do it" literally, even though I'm new I can tell Derek is a very literal person when he says something. When he said "because he has his own forces." I figure where Derek is going with this is that the commander shouldn't have to go into a shuttle and drop off a set of marines because he has AI to do it for him, strings to pull so to speak. That is where my concern comes in, that even though he's got strings to pull it's still nice to have a change in pace from the bridge and go on an away team.

Thats not what I said. Reread what Eclipse said carefully and slowly.

You cannot buy extra assets that you can't use (fighters when you can't launch fighters) and use them. But you can buy replacements in the event the assets are destroyed.

You can go into your own assets, like the shuttles and OCs, and use those, AFAIK.

Your question was worded somewhat badly. Your primary asset is your CC. That is your asset, so to speak. You cannot switch assets. You can utilize the sub-assets therein, however.