Some more UC questions

IceBladeTSW

Hello. This is my first topic at the forums. I've had my eye on UC since it was BCG back in march after Millenium Gold was released. But I am still a newbie to the terms and lingo known to the BC crowd. I've got a couple of questions, it would be great if someone could clear up for me.

- Is the GBS-III mission editor capabile of doing more than new missions or is it limited to ingame things (in other words will it give you the ability to Mod, like UnrealScript does, or act more like UnrealED which only does level design and adding new weapons)

- Base Building: i know it has been a central topic, but can i get a clarification. Is it a go or no?

- I always see characters on the ground in screenshots, can you crawl, or just lay down, like for a snipe?

- For newbies is there a site where we can find some info about the variuos careers and assets that have been a standard since the previous BattleCrusier Games?

- Due to UC's name change, will that also effect [later down in the road] BC Online's name?

-Thanks-

quote:

Originally posted by Arsonide:

The general answer around here apparently is to refer you to a faq, manual, website, etc...Rather than just giving you the answer. So you might as well look elsewhere for info.

on the 143rd time a newbie starts a new thread and asks the same question, we get tired of posting the same response. The forum has a great search feature, the faq is extensive, as is the manuel. We expect you to think and use the resourses given you rather than post repetitive questions that only clutter the forum.

If those fail then we are more than happy to to explain.

I don't mean to sound rude, but can someone stay on topic and try to answer my other 3 questions. I know for a fact from what I've seen on variuos boards that many of them have not been asked, like the GBS editor question as well as the BC Ol question.

GBS3 - i don't know

Base Building - I'm pretty sure that's a no

Crawl, lay down - Yeah I'm pretty sure

Various careers and assets - the list of assets and careers is available in the appendix that came with bcm/g. While the info didn't changed that much beyond the looks you can still get the bc3k manual here

Due to UC's name change, will that also effect BC Online's name? - I think Derek metionned that BCO would remain BCO. but that can change.

I don't mean to be rude but have you tried doing your own research?

try the search function

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000009

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000010

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000011

there is also a section of this forum dedicated to GBS and modding

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=4

Its all been asked before and often answered before its been asked by the SC.

Now just because you I can do something with GBS / GBS II doesn't mean you will be able to do it in GBS III.

i would have liked to answer your questions, but what would be the point, i couldnt give you a definite answer. all your questions seem to be for the developer.

quote:

Due to UC's name change, will that also effect [later down in the road] BC Online's name?

how do you expect a forum member to know that?

anyone who said to read the faq or whatever did more justice for you than deserved.

quote:

Originally posted by Adamastor:

im also interested in buying UC, but since i dont have any of the previous games i dont have access to any manual. i would however like to hear the answers to a couple of those questions so if its not too much trouble could someone answer a few?

1. It is possible to download a demo of BCM (at least there is a link to a mirror site) in the download section.

2. Almost all your questions are about UC, and therefore impossible to answer for 99% of the forum members.

3. Read Pugwash, Cruis.In and Epsilon 5 posts one more time.

the demo wont install properly (i went all the way thu all the forums using search etc but nothing solved the problem, ill wait for the UC demo...) and i dont really need definate answers just a idea of what to expect (and if i should blow my dowload-limit again with the demo at all). other topics usually just ends up saying what it adds to the old one but i dont know what that is exactly (info page helps a bit but is in-shop-box-like vague)

quote:

the demo wont install properly (i went all the way thu all the forums using search etc but nothing solved the problem, ill wait for the UC demo...) and i dont really need definate answers just a idea of what to expect (and if i should blow my dowload-limit again with the demo at all). other topics usually just ends up saying what it adds to the old one but i dont know what that is exactly (info page helps a bit but is in-shop-box-like vague)

did you read this topic Topic: BCM Demo

or peruse this section Demo Discussions it's not been that active recently so select show all topic.

There's nothing wrong with adding to an old thread if you've something relevant to say.

Talking about being vague you haven't said exactly what the problem you had was( exact error messages), your system specs / OS which would be needed if you require "UNOFFICIAL" support but then this is the wrong place for that.

On a note to all n00bs its not like school here no one will spoonfeed you the answers,

especialy if the answers you require are readily available.

If you show you've put in some effort

ie post in the right area, add to an existing topic, quote other poster's, say what you have done and what happened you'll probably receive a much better response, but then everyone here knows that because they read READ THIS FIRST when they first joined.

quote:

i get the exact same message that you get if the antivirus is on (mine isnt9, i shut down prettymuch everthing trying to install it but it wont work. its no big deal, the uc demos will be out within the next month (i think) and im in no rush...

Huh?!

I'm not sure of a specific error message that relates to whatever antivirus program you're referring to, read that post and think of yourself as one of us... what the whoot do you mean!?

• 4 weeks later...