UC manual

dirt12

IÔÇÖm guessing I know the answer to this already but I thought it was worth throwing out there. IÔÇÖve read that the game manual for UC is already completed. I donÔÇÖt know if there is any truth to that or not. If true, could it be accessed on-line or in pdf in advance so us newbieÔÇÖs can start reading through it before the game arrives. Maybe that way you wouldnÔÇÖt have to deal with as many dumb questions in the first weeks of the game release.

cheers

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

If true, could it be accessed on-line or in pdf in advance so us newbieÔÇÖs can start reading through it before the game arrives.

You'll see pigs fly before you see this.

ROTFLMAO... ... and donkeys too!!!

Look, if someone copies(Pirates) a game one of the only things that can be viewed as an "upside" is that they will never have a manual. Playing a BC game without reading the manual first is like "walking blindfolded into a minefield with your ex mother-in-law giving you directions"(credit to SC for that line).

If Derek put an online manual on the web it would simple enable pirates an easier time at playing the game.

Personally, I think what the SC said was very clear and obvious. Don't be dense...

"Look, if someone copies(Pirates) a game one of the only things that can be viewed as an "upside" is that they will never have a manual.

unless they were to photocopy the manual. Which would be an evil thing to do but no-the-less possibe and thus "never" is a gross overstatment

" Don't be dense..."

I figure my density is fairly close to that of seawater (~1020 kg/m^3)and I plan on keeping it that way.

Don't argue symantecs. It won't get you anywhere. I was making a point of why an online manual would be detrimental.

Furthermore, if your going to argue symantecs then your density is much higher than that of seawater.

Derek answered the question of the online manual so lets just let this thread die....

Guest controllersean

Ok, I understood.

I am not likely to get the game in any but the pirated state (unless one of our official distributors get his hands on this), but that's Russia, I can't do much about it.

And, to be honest, I do not intend to pay twice the cost for the officially distributed version, even if one will occur. Unless of course it is the ONLY version available... Still, that's nothing compared to the original price... (even 20$ - minimum for a commercial game - is quite a sum compared to 3$ that we usually pay...)

quote:

Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:

I am not likely to get the game in any but the pirated state (unless one of our official distributors get his hands on this), but that's Russia, I can't do much about it.

And, to be honest, I do not intend to pay twice the cost for the officially distributed version, even if one will occur. Unless of course it is the ONLY version available... Still, that's nothing compared to the original price... (even 20$ - minimum for a commercial game - is quite a sum compared to 3$ that we usually pay...)

Well Dreamcatcher used Akella for it's Russian distribution for BCMG so I'm assuming they will be using them for UC. I'm sure SC would know that better than me about this.

Question how much in Russian money does BCMG cost and what would that translate into American dollars. Just curious.

quote:

Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:

Ok, I understood.

If you can't afford computer games, why don't you find another hobby? You come to my site and tell me that you're going to pirate my game, right?

Ok, bye for now

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Well Dreamcatcher used Akella for it's Russian distribution for BCMG so I'm assuming they will be using them for UC. I'm sure SC would know that better than me about this.

Question how much in Russian money does BCMG cost and what would that translate into American dollars. Just curious.

Yes, Akella are the distributors for BCM Gold and UC.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been wondering about this for a while now, this seems like a appropriate place to state my concern.

Obviously piracy is a big problem. I don't understand why UC is going to have Safedisk 'copy protection', even the new 3.x version are somewhat shoddy from a copying standpoint. A more exotic protection such as Star Force or LaserLok would be far more secure. Even SecureRom is tougher than Safedisk.

quote:

Originally posted by kneecaps:

A more exotic protection such as Star Force or LaserLok would be far more secure. Even SecureRom is tougher than Safedisk.

You're right. StarForce and the latest SecureRom (5.003?) are the best around. However, pirates are always a step ahead and there is no point in spending too much money on it: the new SecureRom has already been cracked and fully emulated in the latest DaemonTools which will be released before X-mas. Developing new copy protection methods is like fighting windmills.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I created the manual a while back and its already out of production.

No, I'm not going to make the electronic version available. Yeah, thats what I need to do, make it easier for pirates.

LOL Never thought of that... seriously who wouldn't buy this game if they wanted to play it, there is just so much you can get with having the "bought version" community wise!