A few questions...

cideafex

I bought BCM and I feel like it was pretty enjoyable. I also think that UC is going to be awesome with its more action oriented play. I have a few questions about UC that I was hoping that someone could answer.

1. When we are on planets in first person are we going to be able to have full view rotation, or will the character not be able to look all the way up and down like in BCM. That seemed kind of annoying in BCM but I honestly never got into any heated battles in first person anyway.

2. Will we be able to change mouse sensitivity? I remember reading somewhere else that we couldn't rebind the controls, but I use WASD anyway.

3. Are any buildings going to have a purpose or are that still there pretty much for visual appeal?

4. Will any shuttles have weaponry? Sometimes in BCM I enjoyed just getting a shuttle and flying around, but the shuttles where always unequipped unless you started as a commander, and even then they didn't have weapons.

5. Will we be able to kill animals on planet surfaces?

6. Was/Is Universal Combat being developed with any consideration for modding later or did you just feel the game shouldn't be modded.

7. What exactly does the GBS mission builder do?

1 - not sure

2 - i can't answer that one.

3 - some buildings have a purpose, but beside the starbase there's nothing to interact with.

4 - nope

5 - nope

6 - modding? not really. at least AFAIK

7 - If it's like in bcm, you can add missions, add ships and other models, change stats, but you cannot change the universe.

quote:

1. When we are on planets in first person are we going to be able to have full view rotation, or will the character not be able to look all the way up and down like in BCM. That seemed kind of annoying in BCM but I honestly never got into any heated battles in first person anyway.

There is a 3 page thread (first person POV) a few threads down on this board that discusses this very topic.

quote:

Originally posted by Cideafex:

I bought BCM and I feel like it was pretty enjoyable. I also think that UC is going to be awesome with its more action oriented play. I have a few questions about UC that I was hoping that someone could answer.

1. Go here
  2. Not in the game. You can change it in your mouse control panel applet in Windows
  3. Unless you are talking about civilian buildings (like you see in cities), no, they serve no purpose other than to populate the scene. ALL the other builds (e.g. bunker, barracks, radar C&C, starbase etc) ALL have a purpose - as they always did, since BCM.
  4. No
  5. No
  6. Not really. But with GBS-III, you can create new scenario scripts etc.
  7. Go read the GBS forum

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

6.Not really. But with GBS-III, you can create new scenario scripts etc.

Just a follow up question here:

I remember reading the old BCM modding posts and it stated that models could only be introduced to the game when stabilizing the script files. This way the game recognizes the models as a new assets, with basically no problems.

So I'm wondering, does GBS still support this feature of introducing new assets to the game... by stabilizing the script files?