Is anyone buying the game?

I bought it, why because i've waited so long for this dream game to come out...and now its out. I'm ready to try out all the new goodies, hell how can you NOT buy it. Its the game most of us have been dreaming and daydreaming about.

I bought it because I wanted a game in this genre and I did a web search and found an ad for it many months ago. I preordered then and got it today.

I'm totally lost. What I have seen of it fails to impress me. The impressive features are inaccessable without some kind of tutorial, which is nonexistent.

To a follower of the series, I'm sure it's fantastic. To a newbie, it's a flight simulator without the fancy graphics.

The Biggest reason I am getting this game is because it is the closest thing to my Dream of a game... I would say it is 60% there... most game have fancy graphic and stuff but start to suck really quick. I borrow BCMG and said "holy cow this is closest an game as been to my dream Game.". Most other game get as high as 19% and I post my Idea for then next game and then they call me an F'en loser and to go wack off in the corner. 1 year later another game does something simmar to what I suggested(which of course become the new Fad) but cheeze out in other area. This game has a lot of the things I have been dreaming about with out cheezing out in areas. So even if this game sold at $70 USD it would still be a value buy.

I may not have alot of money, but even if I did... I would still feel ripped off if I bought a Beautiful designed, expencive cake that tasted like shortning and card-board (aka most of Microwsoft's Games). I bought one MS game and it has been a very good coaster, borrow other and said "Glad I wasn't dumb enought to buy this". I have to choose what I buy very carefully.

I am still going to donate extra money to SC to make up for the low price. but it is still worth it. SC seem to be more in touch with understanding gamer then most game dev company. In my opinion it look like other Developer spend more resourse on PR, Advertising and graphic then on whats make a good valuable game so. Just like a hooker; screw you as fast as they can so they can get your money and move on to the next guy.

Sub-noted & preresponces to my last post:

-Sorry if it turn in to a rant

-yes even poor people can get computers, it called "Money managing & budgeting"

-No. I am NOT, and I REPEAT, I am NOT saying I invent every game idea(how can they be stolen when they don't even get as far as laughter).

-I am not tring to be an @ss but thats how I feel.

-I wrote that because I am grateful that SC is a Dev that cares.

And No I will not goto a corner to *censored*!!!!

NOTE: Hey!! This is a T rated site!

[ 02-05-2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I will be buying this game because I enjoy space sims with huge open-ended gameplay and I look forward to playing some multiplayer with friends.

I also respect Derek's dedication to his game and his independent approach. Even if I didn't enjoy space sims, I might buy it just for that reason.

Anyway, is the best place to get it online or is it showing up in shops?

You won't get jumped or flamed unless you deserve it. Just remember to keep profanity down to a minimum if non-existent state. Follow the rules and you'll survive, break the rules and I'll kick your butt myself. Well, not really myself, this guy who lives kinda close to me though will do it. ;-)

quote:

Originally posted by MythicalMino:

just arrived on my doorstep just over 30 minutes ago....installed, looked over the docs, and now i am going in!!

I'd be very surprised if it runs. Your card does not have vertex shader 1.1. You've known this for several months now, right?

hiya all newbie here preordered the game as well and it just arrived today , worth every penny why did i buy it? simple i loved bc3k and the thought of a better, bigger and more improved version was just too hard to resist.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by MythicalMino:

just arrived on my doorstep just over 30 minutes ago....installed, looked over the docs, and now i am going in!!

I'd be very surprised if it runs. Your card does not have vertex shader 1.1. You've known this for several months now, right?

Actually....no, i didn't. When i did figure it out...i then misread the thread....but all that doesn't matter now....I bought a new card....and updated my system info....

I got my copy of UC yesterday as well.. preordered. I've been playing BCM Gold hardcore for the past few weeks. Even though I wanted to play UC, I was reluctant to ditch my commander in BCMG!

Anyway, first impressions:

-Graphics are GREAT:love the planets

-Keyboard Command changes are more intuitive, but painful to UN-learn the old commands.

-Hit a few bugs that may hose my game. E.g. I can no longer use TradCom apparently in any station. I get a CTD every time I'm running low on Radium, sooner or later i'm toast.

-Had multiple CTD scenarios, forgot my notes at home so I can't report them now. I had zero problems with BCMG.

-I docked at GALCOM with prisoners and intruders on board. After launching, I had NEGative Experience points. Eh?

-Had problems deploying Mining Drones from shuttles on planets. I could do it fine in BCMG. Lost a shuttle while it was deploying, no idea why(crash into the ground?). Tonight i'll try to deploy manually (as myself).

-I keep wanting to hear the BCMG music.. got use to it.

...more to come.

quote:

Originally posted by Antares:

-I docked at GALCOM with prisoners and intruders on board. After launching, I had NEGative Experience points. Eh?

You lose exp points when docking with a station while you have hostiles running rampant over the ship. Station security probably doesnt take lightly to go through the trouble of rounding those guys up since its not their job to play pest control.

quote:

Originally posted by Antares:

-Had problems deploying Mining Drones from shuttles on planets. I could do it fine in BCMG.

Earlier today I installed 1.00.01 from CDROM and ran a lot of deployment ops with NO problems.

Its simple. If you put a waypoint in a ludicrous location. The shuttle won't land. If it does not land, it won't do ANY deployment ops at all. And using a single waypoint is not going to give the shuttle enough time to assume a landing profile. This is documented in manual. You need two waypoints, with the first one being PROCEED TO NEXT and should be at least 2km from the deployment waypoint.

And this thread is not for reporting problems. Please go to the tech support forum and create a problem report there with the exact steps you used, and someone will try to reproduce it.

Ahah, makes sense. Guess I won't be charging to the nearest station with intruders onboard anymore.

Hope I can get around this Tradcom CTD problem tonight. Otherwise i'm going to have to start over and hope it doesn't happen again.

Just bought it today, got the last copy here in redneck land hehe.

I bought the game to try out something new. I have been convinced that there is nothing at all like UC or the BC series so im thinking like it or hate it, it deserves a shot for nothing more than being unique.

I also bought the game, because of a growing respect for Derek Smart. i totaly support him in his fight against DC, and kinda see him as the poster boy for the downtrodden indie developer. he is definatly the only one i know of who has the ***s to stand up for what he thinks is right. For that reason alone it would have been worth my 20 bones, even if it was a line art java game.

This was my first post ever by the way, everyone cheer for the newbie.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

im just as bad for quoting

"and no, I will not go into a corner and siddown"

because that's what the original line said. why would the word siddown be censored?

Derek?

Its not. Him or someone must've changed it.

Something had to be wrong, otherwise you wouldn't have edited my post. which (gasp) you never had to do...

I swear that's what it was [siddown] that's why my reply wasn't really unfriendly...

im kinda wondering what it was changed too heh...