Was thinking of getting the game

Equinux

Was cruising around the battlecruiser commlink forum to get a general idea how the game is doing however Im a little dismayed that a large number of posts have been deleted from the Tech support section. The existing posts are only a small fraction of what is indicated on the the post counter. Whats going on?

I read the understandably stringent restrictions ( Tone of SC and test admins a little to testy though) but find it hard to believe that almost 800 posts didnt meet the spec. Are a there too few bugs or too many bugs that require frequent post deletes?

I got burned when the initial BC shipped however I heard that the more recent games are more polished and possibly worth playing. I really want to give the BC series another shot but a bit gunshy.

I really believe that you should stop worrying about your perceptions of how someone behaves, how many posts they delete on their own board, who they yell at, and what not and if you want to buy the game, buy it.

your perception of derek smart will not make you like the game any more or less, if it's good in your opinion you will like it, if it is not, you will not...

quote:

Originally posted by Equinux:

Was cruising around the battlecruiser commlink forum to get a general idea how the game is doing however I'm a little dismayed that a large number of posts have been deleted from the Tech support section. The existing posts are only a small fraction of what is indicated on the post counter. Whats going on?

I read the understandably stringent restrictions ( Tone of SC and test admins a little to testy though) but find it hard to believe that almost 800 posts didn't meet the spec. Are a there too few bugs or too many bugs that require frequent post deletes?

I got burned when the initial BC shipped however I heard that the more recent games are more polished and possibly worth playing. I really want to give the BC series another shot but a bit gunshy.

I don't think you understand how those counter work

If the topic count is 9 there are 9 topics if it's 9,999 there are 9,999 topics and you can read them all.

If the number of posts is 9 in a thread there are 9 posts, if it's 9,999 there are 9,999 posts and again you can read them all.

If I delete a post the post count total is reduced by one as if the post never existed,

but in most cases if a post (not a topic / thread) is "censored" because for what ever reason it does not need the requirements of this board then the contents of the post are edited with suitable remark.

If the poster does it to often then their posting rights are removed.

If the post is the first post in a new topic then the entire topic may be delete or just closed again with a suitable remark.

If the entire thread / topic is deleted then the number of topics is reduced by one.

If a topic / thread is moved then the topic count in the forum it was in is reduced and the forum it is placed in is increased but it will not show in the search correctly untill the forum is re indexed.

Therefore you can not tell how many posts have been deleted.

Don't believe me get your calculator out and add them all up!

Remember to set your preference to "Show all topics" before you start.

Not all betateam members are admins but anyone with the rank of Supreme Commander certainly is.

All ranks have privileges

[ 02-06-2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Originally posted by Equinux:

Was cruising around the battlecruiser commlink forum to get a general idea how the game is doing however Im a little dismayed that a large number of posts have been deleted from the Tech support section. The existing posts are only a small fraction of what is indicated on the the post counter. Whats going on?

I read the understandably stringent restrictions ( Tone of SC and test admins a little to testy though) but find it hard to believe that almost 800 posts didnt meet the spec. Are a there too few bugs or too many bugs that require frequent post deletes?

Why exactly did you find the need to create yet another thread, when one with a similar topic already exists over here?