CRAFTS{FIGHTER, MEDIUM FIGHTER, AURORA.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{SHUTTLE, SHUTTLE, SHUTTLE1.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{SHUTTLE, SHUTTLE, SHUTTLE3.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{GV, GV1, HAV.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{GV, GV2, CAV.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{GV, GV2, CAB.3D, 2, 2}

CRAFTS{GV, GV1, MAYHEM.3D, 2, 2}

He already has Mayhems on the Megaron.

He's getting rid of two of the Mayhems, replacing em with two CABs.

He's replacing the Zenstars with Vandals and the Starfighters with Auroras, which I THINK is a power upgrade...but i'm not sure, somenone confirm for me.

And he's getting rid of the mk2 shuttles and making em mk1s.

If i'm reading it right?

And Megarons ARE the best.

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

I like the StarWarrior. Just look at it. Its beautiful. Its great as a pirate vessel.

Yeah, the Starwarrior, Solnar, Starcruiser, Sunflash etc, we designed and spec'ed for that purpose actually.

quote:

One thing though... as pirate vessels, shouldnt heavy cruisers be faster than Super Cruisers?

There are no pirates in the game

The class (e.g. Heavy) of a ship is not just primarily about its performance - so its not like it has to be fast, just because its heavy. And there is no such correlation that a heavy class ship should be faster than a super class ship.

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

Also while looking through the appendix. The QUESTAR HJ RECHARGE TIME (s) = 4,505 ???

That's a [now corrected] typo. Should be 45.5

Well, as pirates I meant raiders. My view of a raider is something that hit and runs, relying more on speed, situation and a bit of luck. But then again, views change.

Bah, who cares. The game is cool and im going to play it.

quote:

Well, as pirates I meant raiders. My view of a raider is something that hit and runs, relying more on speed, situation and a bit of luck. But then again, views change.

Yeah I know, I was just messing with your head.

I showed this game to a friend of mine, and besides drooling all over the keyboard he asked me something before looking at the ship stats... and I think he has a point.

The Sunflash is a heavely armored ship, the Starwarrior is very fast, the Questar is heavely armed, and then we have.... The Solnar and the Starcruiser. Why is the Starcruiser even there? All it does the Solnar does better. What is the Starcruiser's main advantage?

quote:

Why is the Starcruiser even there? All it does the Solnar does better. What is the Starcruiser's main advantage?

Take a closer look at its stats (though not all of them are shown in the appendix I don't think).

...You're right, the Starcruiser's turrets have a stronger punch, but still, it doesnt give a distinctive characteristic. Not one I can see anyway.

What did you have in mind when you made each of those cruisers?

quote:

...You're right, the Starcruiser's turrets have a stronger punch, but still, it doesnt give a distinctive characteristic. Not one I can see anyway.

So don't use it?

quote:

What did you have in mind when you made each of those cruisers?

I was thinking of a crazy fool who would ask such a question. Then I took away all accountability. Sadly, that still left me with the original mental image of the crazy fool.

quote:

...I was just asking what was the purpose you wanted to give to each ship...

...and it is relevant because? Don't you think I have better things to do with my time but to explain to you - or anyone - my design decisions?

quote:

Originally posted by JavisJShelmar:

Maybe the word is "I didnt have anything in mind at the time so just drop it?"

...and what makes you think that I didn't have anything in mind? You think I just throw stuff into my game without forethought?

• 2 weeks later...

lol, ok that brief exchange there was funny.

Now I have always liked the Questar because of the many turrets and it also had the dinstinctiveness of being one of the better looking ships. But I also like the bcmkII.

the megaron looks fast becoming a super ship.