Time Compression?

ProXimity

Every time I start a new game, and send a shuttle down to a planet, it always seems to be night time (dark.) ~22:00

I searched the forums, and found a thread concerning a certain command line extension to enable time compression, however, I don't want to use that particular extension to re-enable the (CTRL+T) function.

Can someone tell me how I can start a roam from earth and set a shuttle down in day-time on earth?

Do I have to circum-navigate the globe 180 degrees?

Thanks,

ProX

Hehehe...use TACOPS to set waypoints on the sunny side of the planet.

When you click on a zone and zoom in you can see if it's dark or light. Set your waypoints, move away from the planet (at least 1000m) issue 'resume waypoints' engage AP it will then HJ and do planetfall. Voila!

[ 02-09-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Grizzle ]

Ok, well one way to do it is to use tacops.

Observe the planets and zoom into the terrain a few times. Then use the mouse to rotate the view around so you can see if it's day or night.

If it's dark, zoom back out to the whole planet view and try somewhere else on the opposite side on the planet.

When you've found a suitable spot set some landing waypoints and go in on AP.

edit: blinkin eck.. pipped to the post

[ 02-09-2004, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Banquet ]

quote:

Originally posted by ProXimity:

I don't want to use that particular extension to re-enable the (CTRL+T) function.

There is no time compression in the game

quote:

Can someone tell me how I can start a roam from earth and set a shuttle down in day-time on earth?

Tacops gives you the local time of day on the planet. Look on the lower-right corner of the planetary map once you have picked a location.