Vehicle Aim point off

CedricB

I was running around in one of the tanks (ACV) and it doesn't seem like the crosshair is on target. It seem to be off down and to the right by a lot with the controls uncoupled. The fixed foreward gun seemed to be fine.

I did dig in the manual and can't seem to find an option to look through something akin to a gunner's sight so I can see where the gun is pointing and aiming. i.e. Aim behind me and be able to see where I'm shooting. Maybe I just missed it. If it is, just let me know and I'll dig around more till I find it.

Yeah, I know you can drive one direction and shoot with the turret pointing in another, but you're still looking out the front of the tank. Is there a way to look where you're shooting? Kinda defeats the purpose of a 360 deg turret if you can only see out the front 30 degs.

Just wanted to clarify.

Guest Fox__Trot

Does not! Just think blind fighting use them Zen powers you always hear about... Become one with the turret! Ahhhhhh! and such... but serriously something the SC forgot about in the nmanual? good job!

I noticed something comperable... The bars on the left side of the screen do not line up with their text description (Sheild, Armor, etc)... They're all shifted a bit. The screenshot here does not exhibit the problem I am experiencing. I'm running the Game at 1024x768. If necessary, I can get a screenshot showing the issue this weekend.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Guest Fox__Trot

It's just a "Jedi Mind Trick" ignore it it's not really there

Serriously though I had that problem at 1280x1024 but when i lowered to 800x600 it went away - might try that if its really bothersome

quote:

Originally posted by CedricB:

Yeah, I know you can drive one direction and shoot with the turret pointing in another, but you're still looking out the front of the tank. Is there a way to look where you're shooting? Kinda defeats the purpose of a 360 deg turret if you can only see out the front 30 degs.

If this game had mouselook for vehicles the same way looking off-heading is in for FP I would cry tears of joy.

i've the problem too..

i set joystick in the options screen with throttle activated...when i enter some vehicle like tanks i can shoot but only in front of me i cannot mouve the turrets..i read the appendix manual that say that into armed vehicles i can change turrets with 1,2,3 keys...ok that works! but with my sidewinder forcefeedback precision i cannot mouve the turret that i selected...only if i set mouse control i can mouve turrets..WHY??? i miss something?

thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Nimbus:

If this game had mouselook for vehicles the same way looking off-heading is in for FP I would cry tears of joy.

I am planning on implementing that in a future patch.

quote:

Originally posted by jross:

i read the appendix manual that say that into armed vehicles i can change turrets with 1,2,3 keys...ok that works! but with my sidewinder forcefeedback precision i cannot mouve the turret that i selected...only if i set mouse control i can mouve turrets..WHY??? i miss something?

thanks

Thats because its not supported. It probably will be at some point, but it is highly unlikely. If you want to control vehicles, use the keyboard and mouse.