Naval Assets

Darkling

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Has anyone taken control of a Naval asset? I've heard conflicting things on this that it can / can't be done yet?

I landed my MK1 shuttle on a naval carrier and got in it and docked. I tried to move around but the thing looked like it was on LAND so... guess you cant move beached ships?

Yes , it can be done. Check te UC_manual_ revisions.pdf in your docs directory so you can see what type of asset-swithing is allowed. it depends on the career. A commander can basicly access all units. In addition to this (check VCF)

you need 500 EP in order to do that as a commander.

quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion7:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Has anyone taken control of a Naval asset? I've heard conflicting things on this that it can / can't be done yet?

I landed my MK1 shuttle on a naval carrier and got in it and docked. I tried to move around but the thing looked like it was on LAND so... guess you cant move beached ships?

I am going to make it a lot easier in an upcoming patch (not the 1.00.02 patch) and will probably relax the rules a bit. One problem that currently exists is that nothing is stopping someone from take a naval asset from sea to land. I have to prevent that somehow.

I really need to write a HOW TO... article on naval assets. I'll do that after this current patch is official.

quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion7:

How did you land your shuttle on a Carrier, I tried setting a waypoint, but somehow I can't seem to get it right on target, maybe I need to slow down once I get to the area. Any tips?

Mangaed to get into naval units, use weapon systems, give orders, etc. I can't seem to move them though. Also, whenever I go to a naval base all but a couple of the aircraft fall through the carrier's deck into the sea and just sit there floating inside the aircraft carrier. When I get into a small gunboat it tends to bounce up and down a lot too, 2 feet submerged then 2 feet above surface.

quote:

One problem that currently exists is that nothing is stopping someone from take a naval asset from sea to land. I have to prevent that somehow.

Well SC actually when I entered the planet right above them they were already ON the land was my point!

As long as the ships can move fine in the water, and not move at all on land... I see nothing wrong with allowing players to be stupid and beach themselves...

quote:

Originally posted by nexusmind:

Mangaed to get into naval units, use weapon systems, give orders, etc. I can't seem to move them though. Also, whenever I go to a naval base all but a couple of the aircraft fall through the carrier's deck into the sea and just sit there floating inside the aircraft carrier. When I get into a small gunboat it tends to bounce up and down a lot too, 2 feet submerged then 2 feet above surface.

That may have to do with SC's support structure polishing he's doing... when I took of with my shuttle I disappeared into the hull of the ship and got stuck UNDER the flight deck until i was able to squirm my way out of the front... I felt pretty darn happy when I didn't get any damage because I was all over the place under there lol

• 1 month later...

quote:

I am going to make it a lot easier in an upcoming patch (not the 1.00.02 patch) and will probably relax the rules a bit. One problem that currently exists is that nothing is stopping someone from take a naval asset from sea to land. I have to prevent that somehow.

there is another problem with naval assets when it comes to aircraft on deck i landed once (never got control of ships) i wanted to look at some of the close air support craft to see the diffrences in the latest patch i was on deck moved one inch and suddenly the aircraft fell straight through the carrier (ps how do you get the ships to listen to your orders do you need fleet c&c?)